Benny's Gen 3 Montero

Djbenny

Adventurer
A lift and add some wheel spacers. Or you could do some rock sliders.

Wheel spacers would be nice. I just don't know what size to get. Our wheels seem to be tucked inward... Ha ha. More noticeable with stock tire size and highway rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djbenny

Adventurer
Great looking Montero! I do like the look of the double din radios, but I am still struggling with a location for a switch panel. That is the only reason I did not go double din when I replaced the head unit in my Gen3.

Thanks! I've always wanted a DVD player. Now if I can get it to stay on for road trips without having ebrake up.

What do you have on your switch panel? I have my spot light switch here...
87c8605f7db51e081502700c69281314.jpg

Parking lights on...
86dc9219fc61551710ef83103bbdb42b.jpg

Spot lights on...
5004c3a4463eaa72e01411e0dd388998.jpg

I still have room for two more switches. I think I will eventually do a curved 50" LED light bar. Just have to figure out how to mount by windshield.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Thanks Jhill15, I will have to snoop around on his build. Ha ha.

cnutco

Adventurer
I will need switches for the following...
Driving lights (possibly use existing fog light position)
Forward light bar
Rear light bar
Left lights
Right lights
Rock lights
ARB compressor
Front locker
Rear locker

I have been looking at those switch banks that wire to an external module in the engine compartment so I can add the lights above as I buy them instead of getting into the dash every time I add something.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Yeah, I rushed mine a bit just getting what the best buy guy recommended. The back up cam doesn't briskly come up on the screen as fast as the ome cams on my other vehicles but I am still satisfied. The placement of the camera was kinda weird too. The camera is screwed into my plastic rear bumper, right above the hitch. I was expecting the cam to be over the license plate or something..but oh well, gives me piece of mind and has come in handy!

Good luck on your search, ill post anything that I find..

I found some online on eBay a while back. But I am unsure of how the quality is. Here are some screen shots. The first on you can mount under the back door handle anywhere you can make it fit and like...
36264dd5c0328842d363a1e5b24b6b69.jpg

The second one seems more practical as you remove one of your license plate light cover and replace with the cam and built in light cover...
e0ad8522b81136a2e3db94b205bcd1cf.jpg

Djbenny

Adventurer
I will need switches for the following...
Driving lights (possibly use existing fog light position)
Forward light bar
Rear light bar
Left lights
Right lights
Rock lights
ARB compressor
Front locker
Rear locker

I have been looking at those switch banks that wire to an external module in the engine compartment so I can add the lights above as I buy them instead of getting into the dash every time I add something.

Wow! That's a lot of switches for sure. I was thinking of doing some left and right lights on my roof rails. But getting the "zombie lights" switch for those.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Mr. Schnapps watching over the Monty!
92c85744d5e8bc5a24348334be662161.jpg

4a171c44fae28e6f43ae56751a632477.jpg

e0600559e7a566fc5fde338dca4a37e8.jpg

Walking the dogs and the SCX10 Rc crawler.

FullMonte

Adventurer
Hey djbenny, Are you planning on getting a front bull bar bumper? To carry a winch? I'm in the market for some, don't really like the ARB's they make for us. I want to utilize my fog lights, so are you interested in a group buy for a bumper from Alibaba? I've been searching and if we get 5 of us it would run us 400$ or so a pop. Sneaky Ninja has bought some bumpers from China before for gen 2's and they look great. He said he was planning on doing a Gen 3 group buy but, he seems pretty busy. Let me know what you think.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Hey djbenny, Are you planning on getting a front bull bar bumper? To carry a winch? I'm in the market for some, don't really like the ARB's they make for us. I want to utilize my fog lights, so are you interested in a group buy for a bumper from Alibaba? I've been searching and if we get 5 of us it would run us 400$ or so a pop. Sneaky Ninja has bought some bumpers from China before for gen 2's and they look great. He said he was planning on doing a Gen 3 group buy but, he seems pretty busy. Let me know what you think.

I would be interested depending on what it looks like. I love my factory fog lights, they actually put out good light. Usually factory lights don't. Ha ha. If you have a picture of love to see.

Eric M

Adventurer
Australians got a cool official bullbar for the NMs that retained the factory fog lights. I don't think it had any provisions for a winch, though.

jhill15

Explorer
Australians got a cool official bullbar for the NMs that retained the factory fog lights. I don't think it had any provisions for a winch, though.
I would love to have a bull bar, but I couldn't find one online. I wouldn't even mind like a deezee or westin. If you guys find one let me know.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Nice Montero!

How well do your dogs fit in the truck? Any pics of them inside you can share?

The dogs fit fine. I don't have a pic of both in there. But we leave the second row seats up and have a dog barrier up. They both fit well in the back cargo area and walk around fairly easy. I will try and get a pic this weekend.
Here is a pic with mr schnapps 105lbs GSD. His daughter Sophie is 95lbs.
20490f4b8d7d63e641033715e0fb6d68.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier