Benny's Gen 3 Montero

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Thanks!!

What sort of barrier do you use? I have two 100lb'ers myself and would also love to have a barrier to keep them from hanging over the back seat.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Nice rig, what do u think of those ATP's?

So far I love them. Very quiet and comfortable on highway. I had 33x10.5x15 BFG ATs before which were very noisy and had a lot of drag. The ATPs work really well in snow and rain. I haven't off-roaded with them yet, but I plan to this summer. I did take it through a really muddy pit, almost got stuck but kept going back and forth and got out. Ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djbenny

Adventurer
Thanks!!

What sort of barrier do you use? I have two 100lb'ers myself and would also love to have a barrier to keep them from hanging over the back seat.

This is the barrier I use. I think I got it from Walmart or PetsMart. It stops the dogs from hanging their heads over the seats and drooling over them.
fd322c1b9bebaa19ef0cb90f356f93ac.jpg

42eb21d6d414702603e56358ba7d7da4.jpg

It came with 3 sets of bars. But I only needed two. It use to rattle over every bump per poor design, but I added some foam to the legs inside the metal tubes to stop it from rattling. Now it's quiet.

jhill15

Explorer
I got that same pet barrier, It worked really well until one of my dogs realized she could move one of the bars with her head and escape into the back seat lol.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Here are some Fotos of the tires.
cd7d0e2e5589024794ee854845a14ab5.jpg

85cc665b6245a35acd2e384761e0f6ca.jpg

They are pretty aggressive. Looking for an AT.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Interesting. Thanks for the photos of the barrier! Does it put much pressure on the headliner (enough to do damage) ?

Djbenny

Adventurer
@All-Terrain Not that I've noticed, I have the pressure points right next to the vents where it seems to be reinforced. It hasn't done any damage to the headliner, and I have it in there pretty tight.

@jhill15 My dogs haven't done that. But I remember braking really hard once because someone pulled out in front of me while they were talking on Cell phone and my dogs went flying forward and knocked the barrier down.

Last edited:

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Wondering if you have had a spare moment to get a photo of the two dogs loaded up in the back?

My dogs are about 100-105lbs each, hounds - hoping to have room for the both of them, with 2nd row seat in place.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Wondering if you have had a spare moment to get a photo of the two dogs loaded up in the back?

My dogs are about 100-105lbs each, hounds - hoping to have room for the both of them, with 2nd row seat in place.

Yeah sorry. I forgot to do that this weekend. I will just load them in this evening and get them excited for nothing. Ha ha. They'll be a little confused.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Here we go! 200lbs in dogs! Ha ha. Got some different angles.
bc4f6c3365195edfc79741f5cd9619b2.jpg

d0d50538aa24653e2d230668f31c3fee.jpg

bee7efa3600f98851ac69fbeaa435500.jpg

bf1aab052169560879eb95f12676b366.jpg

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Good pics, thanks - and beautiful dogs. They are lovely.

What are they standing on? Looks like maybe Plexiglas? Good idea to save the interior carpet.

Djbenny

Adventurer
No problem. Thank you. I love them. They are great dogs. A lot of training to be as behaved as they are though.
They are actually standing on vinyl plastic. I bought the plastic by the yard from Walmart. The thickest they had, and then I just put it in the back, and traced the edges and holes for seat footings, and cut it out. Cost maybe $10. It goes all the way under the middle row seats one whole piece.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
No problem. Thank you. I love them. They are great dogs. A lot of training to be as behaved as they are though.
They are actually standing on vinyl plastic. I bought the plastic by the yard from Walmart. The thickest they had, and then I just put it in the back, and traced the edges and holes for seat footings, and cut it out. Cost maybe $10. It goes all the way under the middle row seats one whole piece.

You are absolutely right. Too many poorly behaved little dogs running around. Can't afford bad habits with big dogs.

Good idea with the plastic. I appreciate the photos!!

jhill15

Explorer
You are absolutely right. Too many poorly behaved little dogs running around. Can't afford bad habits with big dogs.

Good idea with the plastic. I appreciate the photos!!
Gotta chime in, like this little dog in the front seat of my monty who is very poorly behaved and really mad that he had to get haircut lol.
79b5002751347721ad7f24cfffd9492c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne