Benny's Gen 3 Montero

FullMonte

Adventurer
Wow that's awesome! Yeah it sucks, in video the camera angles either hem or hurt the experience. Ex. I showed my wife for the first time the hill I thought was freaking steep, turned out more like an ant hill on video...

Djbenny

Adventurer
Yeah I know! Ha ha. Looks can be deceiving. My view from in the truck was only sky from out the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FullMonte

Adventurer
Wow Benny, thanks for the info on these xenetechs! They are so bright! For the price, I must say I'm super impressed..

I got the headlights and fog light kit
077ac71f8b10db4e5c72302644e8c9f1.jpg

Djbenny

Adventurer
Wow! That looks great! I am glad I could help. What temps did you get?

FullMonte

Adventurer
I messed up and bought just the low at 8k (so no high beam at all ) and the fog lights were 6k. So I just put another order in to get HID low and high.

Djbenny

Adventurer
My average is 16 MPG. Mostly city driving. I am also curious what others get?

nnamssorxela

Adventurer
I average ~20mpg in my '03 Gen 3 (3.8l) with no special considerations taken while driving, and with mixed loads and driving conditions. Recently flushed and replaced front and rear diff oil with a semi synthetic blend, and transfer case got full synth. Will be going synth motor oil in the next week or so, and flushing the trans as well. New spark plugs going in when I change the VC gaskets. I've also recently changed the air filter as well.

Getting skinnier taller tires, but they will be a good bit heavier as well, and i just lifted the car 1.5" ...not sure which is worse. Hoping I can squeeze 25mpg out of it just once by refining driving techniques and tweaking tire pressure, etc.

I'm at ~5k-12k ft and normally run a blend of 85 and 91 octane.

Last edited:

Djbenny

Adventurer
Wow. Nice write up. I've put only 91 octane since I've had her. Coming up on one year. That's good mileage. I am around 5,500ft. I use synthetic blend valvoline 5/30. I need to change my air filter. I am around 11k miles on the current. I will also have to change all my fluids in trans, transfer case, and diffs. I Have know idea when the spark plugs have been changed last. But I think it looks like a big deal. Perhaps do a coolant flush. My temp gauge is on the fritz more this summer.

Last edited:

earljuic3

Adventurer
I average around 16mpg city / 18mpg hwy (gen 3 w/ OME lift and 285/75/16)...91/93 octane always since the truck was new...I need an air filter as well!

montypower

Adventure Time!
Just depends on conditions... Mine weights over 6,000lbs. 11-13mpg off road (4wd & low range). Hwy it can do 20mpg at 60-65mph. Overall average is 15-16mpg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior