Benny's Gen 3 Montero

Djbenny

Adventurer
Did some wheeling while driving to a friends house. Ha ha.
71cbec0cacb376c013794e9a25c88c2b.jpg

56ca3603093d0b5cc1b460649e6fb3ab.jpg

f5c55bc410fbfb53ef5b2cf385414695.jpg

I bought the rear tire cover from U-Pull-and-pay a junkyard for $5, for both pieces, it was goldish but I sprayed it with Plastidip. It came out pretty good. And I like the way it came out.
6e6e417ea6c67a0af26ddac3c28de95b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djbenny

Adventurer
Thanks Jhill15. I was surprised too. They didn't know how to charge me. I flirted with the lady a little, perhaps that helped.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Are you running light truck (LT) tires or passenger?

Did you notice much of a difference in power with the taller tires?

And did the lady at the parts yard that you flirting with have any teeth...? :p

Djbenny

Adventurer
@All-Terrian , my tires are passenger rating. To be honest I didn't notice any difference. My truck is still very peppy, however I did notice a difference when I had the 33's BFG ATs on gen 2 stock rims on her. Not to bad but noticeable. Those wore 10ply and they have a lot of rolling resistance though. These are definitely quieter and smoother.

As for the parts girl she was maybe 27-30, pretty cute, maybe 140lbs a little thick, but not bad for a junkyard girl. Ha ha. Not to be offensive to anyone. She also had all her teeth!

Djbenny

Adventurer
Did some wheeling this weekend. This was the first time I took her out on some pretty rough trails. I was surprised how capable she was. Definitely need a lift. The back drags on everything. The trailer hitch is the lowest spot.

nnamssorxela

Adventurer
Djbenny, the hitches on these are very simple. My guess would be that you can cut the receiver off the bottom and have it re-welded to the top. It would require notching your bumper plastic, but would be worth the trade off in my opinion. I was under my car earlier and there is plenty of room. I hate leaving big gouges and trenches everywhere with my hitch. Bumper is coming soon.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Nice pics and video! Your rig climbed that hill like it was nothing!!!

Thank you sir. That was my second attempt. Ha ha. The approach was sketch since the hill was very steep. I was worried about my beautiful front bumper! But the first attempt the engine stalled out, I think due to the severe angle.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Djbenny, the hitches on these are very simple. My guess would be that you can cut the receiver off the bottom and have it re-welded to the top. It would require notching your bumper plastic, but would be worth the trade off in my opinion. I was under my car earlier and there is plenty of room. I hate leaving big gouges and trenches everywhere with my hitch. Bumper is coming soon.

I may think about doing that. But I do like how my Gen 2 had the receiver coming through the rear bumper.

FullMonte

Adventurer
Thank you sir. That was my second attempt. Ha ha. The approach was sketch since the hill was very steep. I was worried about my beautiful front bumper! But the first attempt the engine stalled out, I think due to the severe angle.

You know from that angle it doesn't look that steep.. Lol haha jk!

Hey my engine stalls too on very steep hills.. Is this a Montero thing? Is it problematic? If so, how could I get this fixed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles