Northstar Torsion Lift

gunjunkie

Hey guys, this is my first post here. I'm from the Texas panhandle.
I'm hoping for some of your expert advice, about my Northstar TC-800.
My rear vertical section of the roof twisted from the spring loaded torsion bar lift system.
I got the old plywood strip removed, but I can't figure out how to ease the tension on the flanges, so I can put in the new wood.
I'm thinking about adding a piece of 16 gauge galvanized, 3" high by the full width of the roof, to the new plywood, and bolting through it, the plywood and the flanges.
Right now it's in my shop taking up a lot of space. I just can't seem to figure out how to twist the spring loaded flanges, so I can put on the new wood.
Thank you for having me, and for any help with this.

mkish

Adventurer
I don't know, but do contact Northstar. They are usually prompt and helpful, no matter where you got your camper. Good luck!

brian90744

American Trekker
Pictures of the problem would help?? you may have to use a 2x4 floor to ceiling to hold the roof up , while you repair. just FYI=brian

knobbytracks

Observer
I agree with mkish - Northstar will definitaley be more than willing to help out.
(Not associated with Northstar, I've just had great customer support from them when needed)

gunjunkie

Thanks, after 3 weeks, I finally got some help from Northstar. They gave me the phone number for Canvas Replacements, who supplies them with the lift system. A very nice man, named Bob, walked me through the process of disassembling the spring loaded system. He even emailed me an assembly drawing, with step by step instructions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles