Beyond tents- what camper for 4, no need for kitchen, has a porta potty?

zimm17

Observer
I'm not going to be "overlanding" but I'd like to go to local campgrounds, visit some remote sites, a buddy's mountain top property, etc. Maybe even be used as an "outside bedroom" when visiting relatives/friends with full houses. Nothing worse off-road than a forest service road. Tow vehicle is a F250, so weight is not a problem.

Needs to sleep 4- me, momma, 2 toddlers
A spot for a porta potty would be really nice
I don't need a kitchen, I can cook outside with my stove or weber grill.
A furnace or AC might be nice to have. I have a Honda eu2000i genie.... or if I'm at someone's house, I could run an extension cord out to it.

I was first looking at pop-ups, but they have a lot of set up and seem pretty fragile. Any ideas where to start looking or what I should be looking at?

Check out the Casita 16 or 17 foot trailers (they also make small 13 footers that can fit 4, if 2 are small). - Smallish and light. They do have basic kitchen, but you wouldnt need to use it, or could modify that space for something else. They also have a wet bath in some of them. I have looked at several, but havnt pulled the trigger yet. My overland trailer with roof top tent is still ok for us. In looking, i have come to believe, though I cant prove it, that the Casita brand are a little more robust than the other small fiberglass trailers like scamp and burro. They are built just a little differently.
Anyway, something to look at....

zimm17

Observer
Have you look at http://tnttt.com/. I'm I going to build the wander http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/teardrop/tear59.htm .Using the Modular fiberglass component kit. To me I can get in my garage.When the inlaws come by I can hide.

I did join that site, but I have 2 kids too, so I can't go too tiny. I also decided I don't want to convert the dining table to/from a bed because the kids still take naps during the afternoon. It looks like a pop-up is the way to go for now. I'm going to do some tent camping so "mamma" can see how much improvement a small camper can be to sleeping on the ground.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Livinlite 18ft brb has a bunk set up add some curtains across the bunks and the kids have their own room.
Or go cheaper and find a used R-pod with the rear bunk set up.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Rpod is a great piece. But if you want some creature comforts, have a look at the High Wall pop up. They are REALLY nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior