Mopar lift kits now available as dealer option

haven

Expedition Leader
http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/jeep-is-finally-making-in-house-lift-kits-for-all-jk-wr-1697825893

For 2012 and newer Wranglers, the kit includes "springs, brake lines and control arms, four specially tuned remote reservoir shocks, all necessary brackets, a double cardan driveshaft and yoke, a steering damper and a high-steer conversion kit." And it comes in a cool plywood box. Price for a 2 inch lift is about $1500. A four inch lift costs about $2250.

If you order the suspension lift with your new Jeep, the cost can be included in your monthly payment, and your vehicle is still covered by the factory warranty.

Septu

Explorer
Is it sad that my first thought was that I needed to check the date of the article to see if it was posted on April 1st as a gag? The part of me that doesn't give a **** would say financing D60s, and a 4" lift on a brand new ride would probably be the way to go. Get everything you want, and just go for it. The other part of me says that would be asinine and a Rubicon stock is damn capable.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Having bashed the skid plates of "the limo" up pretty good, if that option had been available when I bought the Jeep it wouldn't have left the dealership without the 3" version.
The more I look at this 3" lift kit, the more I really like it. Considering it over the AEV 3.5 RS at this point.
Now a 2 door Rubi, I'm not so sure. The ones I followed had a pretty good break-over angle with just the stock 32" tires. Still would be nice for all the boulders on the trails out west though.

AZJim

Observer
That seems like a pretty good price on the 2" lift if it includes all that was mentioned. I wonder what the labor would run. I'm sure there are some owners that would have that done by the dealer just to make sure their warranty stayed intact.

Jim

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Yup, for someone like me who can budget for a steady, monthly payment more easily than I can save up 10,000 for all the add-ons, that's a pretty attractive option...

MTSN

Explorer
From the article "Mopar will offer a 2" lift for 2012-and-newer JK Wranglers for about $1,500, and one for the '07 to 2011 vehicles for about $900. Setups for older vehicles with the bigger, crappier 3.8 V6 cost less because they don't need to include a new driveshaft." That's one way of saying it LOL.

I find it odd that the 2" kit here includes a driveshaft (http://www.quadratec.com/products/16170_1023_07.htm) yet the 3" kit which is nearly double in cost does not (http://www.quadratec.com/products/16170_1009.htm).

Last edited:

Jurfie

Adventurer
Hasn't that always been an option? I know it was when I bought my JK a year ago...I'm just glad I waited and did more research before ticking every box in the Mopar catalog.

EMrider

Explorer
At first pass, this appears to be a quality offering at a good price.

Look forward to reading user reviews as these become available.

R

Jurfie

Adventurer
Mopar has been selling their own lift for years. It's just a rebranded Teraflex lift.

If I recall correctly, some of them are rebranded Teraflex, and some are rebranded Rubicon Express. It depends which lift 2", 4", etc., but for the life of me, I can't recall which was which. I think at one time one of them used to be AEV, but then switched to another manufacturer. I'm sure a search on the Google machine will turn up lots of information (and opinions).

MtnToSea

Observer
These aren't new, they started offering them last year. As I understand it, these aren't the old rebranded lifts they use to offer, these are new in house Mopar engineer designed products (I'm told at least the 2" lift is). The nice thing about the new 2" lift is it's the only lift Mopar covers under warranty. I have had the 2" lift for about 2 months now on my 2014 JKURX and have had no issues with it at all. I think the ride on road is better than stock. The increased off road capability is very noticeable over stock. I haven't regretted my purchase at all.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Anybody seen a picture of the 4" lift contents? I'm hoping they haven't gone away from the Teraflex bump stops up front.

haven

Expedition Leader
The "Jeep Performance Parts" lifts were used on the Wrangler-based concepts at this year's Easter Jeep Safari. The 2 inch lift is featured on the Jeep Chief, Jeep Staff Car, and Wrangler Africa. The 4 inch lift is found under the Red Rock Responder.

onebuilder

Observer
I'm hoping Mopar releases the new Hiline fenders soon! They are also on the Red Rock Responder and were also on a Wrangler at this years SEMA show in Vegas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94