@Adrifters - F550 Surf Camper Build - Adrift Motorhome

njtacoma

Explorer
So as your set up your rig is considered a wide load? 102" vs 114"

102" is "legal" width for the highways, obviously law enforcement isn't generally going to be pulling over RV's with a tape measure.

S2DM

Adventurer
Holy typos. 7'8"!!

Sorry guys. 9'8" would be unreal, 7'8" is just hard to get through the drive- thru ;)

java

Expedition Leader
Holy typos. 7'8"!!

Sorry guys. 9'8" would be unreal, 7'8" is just hard to get through the drive- thru ;)

Whew, I just just thinking, damn I don't think my truck is even close to that wide! Well If you change chassis LMK I've been looking at f550's.

S2DM

Adventurer
Took her out for a spin this weekend. Pretty nice having beach camping five minutes from home to do a few test runs.

d064b2b5f8bde82e276bb869a48e1cf7.jpg
e73b55e26bebb116957f43552c55a858.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spencyg

This Space For Rent
What an incredible build! Your composite work is top notch...I presume you do this sort of work as a profession? Very well thought out and precisely implemented. Mad kudos.

SG

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
looks awesome, and love the panoramic dropped section in the front, reminds me of robocops helmet.

that cross draft will be welcomed south of the border as well and checking the swell in the am...keep going !

busbart

Observer
Is that a Machine Gun turret there in the RH Front corner?:Wow1:

Here is what she looks like from above with the panels on. We clocked 90 amps at 12v mid day coming in from solar yesterday.

76af970ba471653c20b8d9d842ca92ad.jpg

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Looks awesome Scott. I can totally appreciate the amount of work and detail!

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
Love the build, love the color of both the camper and the truck! Gotta get those fenders painted though! Haha. It's going to be amazing when you get the storage locker underneath. Such a great rig.

S2DM

Adventurer
Shake down run.
Henry's fork. Pretty unreal fly fishing.

f8813f3451ab1c1a8141627db7b2aff5.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz