2013 Tacoma Wheel Spacers for 17" Wheels

Tacoma13SR5

Observer
Good Morning ExpeditionPortal.

I'm trying to figure out if/what size wheel spacers I will need for a new set of wheels I plan on getting. The wheels I plan on getting are KMC XD126 Enduro Pro's in 17x9 that have a -12 offset and a 4.53" backspacing. Right now, I'm currently running 16" OEM Tacoma steel wheels that require a 2" hubcentric spacer. My lift is a Zone 6" lift (Drop Bracket) and the minimum wheel size they say is 18x9 with a 4.5" back space. I plan to order them down the road, but wish to get my facts straight before I buy them. Would I need 1.25" or 1.5" spacers for it? Thanks in advance.

470SNC

I think 1.25" spacers should be enough, but 1.5" if you want the extra width, but also the more you push the wheels out, the more wear on your wheel bearings

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
false

show me scientific proof

Besides. wheeling your car is more wear on wheel bearings

so is driving
SO are lower offset wheels
So are heavier wheels and tires
So is every other thing you do

get the 2"

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I second the 1.25". I have them on my Jeep and they move the wheels enough to fit the larger tires I use. that's all that is needed. Enough to fit the tires!

Tacoma13SR5

Observer
Thanks for the input guys. I don't like the idea of running the bigger wheels on the 2" spacers I have now. When it comes time for the wheels, I'll order up some 1.25" spacers. Any specific brands you guys recommend? When I got my lift on, the guy who did the lift didn't specify which brand he ordered. All I know is that the spacers are cheap pieces of crap.

kojackJKU

Just make sure they are hubcentric. I ran the cheap ones for a while, but now im on teraflex and they center the wheel perfect. Spidertrax are always a great brand. Im not sure what else is available for the taco.

Tacoma13SR5

Observer
Well, I decided to go with 17" Tacoma Sport Wheels and I'm curious if the 1.25" wheel spacers will still work or if I'll need 1.5" spacers. Any thoughts?

kojackJKU

I think 1/4 of an inch either way is not a big deal. what ever ones are currently easy to get, grab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier