NEW TO THE MITSU | NOT TO THE SITE | 2000 MONTERO SPORT LS

fuzemagazine

Observer
Ya the cam seal is an updated part number. If you ask for the rear cam seal from Mitsu it will be the updated part.

For the leak you need to clean off the area really well and then look for the leak. Its impossible to tell where it is coming from in that condition as the fan/wind blow oil everywhere.

Thanks I plan to do this over the weekend.

fuzemagazine

Observer
Just scanned to see what codes I'd get since the "Service Engine" light was on before I purchased it. Of course the seller said "oh it just needs to be reset" lol! Found the following:

P0156 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0125 OBD-II Trouble Code - Insufficient warm up time | Low engine coolant level | Leaking or stuck open thermostat | Faulty coolant temperature sensor
P1200 Injector Control Circuit (???)
P0713 Fuel Trim Malfunction - (Bank 2)

Got some work to do...

hove102

Adventurer
Thinking I should let the stealership give it it's first service. After looking at their prices, I don't want to LOL!

Not sure what your local dealership is like, but I took it to my local Mitsubishi dealer and walked away very impressed. It may have been a little pricey, but the service manager worked his @$$ off to find the parts I needed, and he gave me a pretty fair price on the work since it took a while to find the parts. The work itself was pretty quality too. Of course, if you can do it yourself and feel comfortable, why take it in?

fuzemagazine

Observer
Not sure what your local dealership is like, but I took it to my local Mitsubishi dealer and walked away very impressed. It may have been a little pricey, but the service manager worked his @$$ off to find the parts I needed, and he gave me a pretty fair price on the work since it took a while to find the parts. The work itself was pretty quality too. Of course, if you can do it yourself and feel comfortable, why take it in?

Thanks! I decided to do just that since I can't find a tutorial I feel comfortable using myself. And... at least the work is warranted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior