JK Window Vents

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Instead on interrupting another thread where these have been discussed, I thought I'd pass along some information here, as I just went through the process and ordered a set. These vents are made in Germany and the company's website is all in German. If you cant read it or call their international number, contact Melanie at (melanie@nakatanenga.de), she speaks English as is extremely helpful.

I did the whole transaction via email with Melaine and she sent me a paypal link to pay for the vents. Not sure when they will arrive, but they seem like a great idea. Somebody on here made a video with them and hopefully he can post is here, too. Total with expedited shipping to the U.S. Was about $78.

http://nakatanenga-tours.de/shop/ar...pspr7nUxKYAl&shop_param=cid=256&aid=LBLH-JKU&

97462d9365789664ce490297a9c06f96.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SheepnJeep

These are very cool, Thanks for the heads up on this vent piece!

You did a very good job with your videos Mr. Brannstrom.

JCDriller

Adventurer
Can anyone explain what the point of these are? Is it for sleeping in the jeep? Why not crack the window?

bugs and rain, plus with my GSD who is almost always in the back gets fresh air.

I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago, they were very nice. Paid with PP, don't know when they will arrive, but I'm looking forward to getting them.

MTSN

Explorer
Can anyone explain what the point of these are? Is it for sleeping in the jeep? Why not crack the window?

On top of keeping bugs and rain out, they're a lot more secure that cracking a window. This looks to rank very high on the happy dog meter too.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Or you ask JAN if they could make some for your Grand Cherokee. He works at Nakatanenga and their website states they could offer these vents for other models on request.

Yea I was only slightly kidding...I will send him a note and see what he says....

Septu

Explorer

Depends on where you live. When I went to Alaska last summer, I spent 1 week sleeping in the jeep as I was waiting for my trailer to be ready. I made mesh bags that I could slip over the window... however when it rained (which it seemed to do regularly), I frequently ended up with rain inside. Something like this (vs my mesh bags) are also significantly more secure. I don't see myself spending $200 for a pair of these... simply because I have two trailers and don't plan on spending more than a night or two each summer in my jeep - which means my cheap little mesh bags will work just fine. However if I did plan on spending more nights in the jeep, I would absolutely consider these.

Presto88

Adventurer
Depends on where you live. When I went to Alaska last summer, I spent 1 week sleeping in the jeep as I was waiting for my trailer to be ready. I made mesh bags that I could slip over the window... however when it rained (which it seemed to do regularly), I frequently ended up with rain inside. Something like this (vs my mesh bags) are also significantly more secure. I don't see myself spending $200 for a pair of these... simply because I have two trailers and don't plan on spending more than a night or two each summer in my jeep - which means my cheap little mesh bags will work just fine. However if I did plan on spending more nights in the jeep, I would absolutely consider these.

Why $200? The OP said $78 with shipping. I'm pretty sure he was talking about a pair. Right?

forsakenfuture

Explorer
I will have to show the girlfriend. She freaked one night that we were sleeping in the back of my JK. Said she couldn't get any air. So we packed up in the middle of the night and left. lol.
:smilies27

Septu

Explorer
Why $200? The OP said $78 with shipping. I'm pretty sure he was talking about a pair. Right?

Perhaps... but I read that as $78 for shipping, plus the $60 or so for the item itself. Maybe I've just been in the north too long and don't know what affordable shipping actually is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online