Gone Safari - Africa E7 Trip Report

krazytoy

Adventurer
Great report Kurt! Africa is a very special place that excites every one of the human senses.
You know, St. Anthony Sand Dunes is just a hop, skip and jump north of you, if you ever want to make a trip up to play in the sand, let me know. :victory:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Great report Kurt! Africa is a very special place that excites every one of the human senses.
You know, St. Anthony Sand Dunes is just a hop, skip and jump north of you, if you ever want to make a trip up to play in the sand, let me know. :victory:

If I come to St. Anthony, it will be on 2 wheels :D I've wanted to ride up there forever!

We have a pretty decent dunes here in Utah, Little Sahara is 60k acres and has dunes up to 700 feet.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Awesome Kurt, thanks for posting this. I am jealous! Always have wanted to go to Africa.

Looks like tire pressure was a bit high in the dunes, what were you guys running? I see a Front Runner grill on the Sherpa too, awesome product but the one I got had sharp edges on it, sharp enough to cut your hand.

Cheers

thatsagoodone

I have to agree, Africa is such and amazing place. No matter what country you visit they all have their own culture, and creates a new experience for you.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Awesome Kurt, thanks for posting this. I am jealous! Always have wanted to go to Africa.

Looks like tire pressure was a bit high in the dunes, what were you guys running? I see a Front Runner grill on the Sherpa too, awesome product but the one I got had sharp edges on it, sharp enough to cut your hand.

Cheers

Tire pressure was I'm the mid-high teens, any lower and they got quite rally under the heavy Cruisers. We did experience one blown bead. For the amount of time/miles we spent in the sand, I was pleasantly surprised by how few times we actually got stuck.

The brai grill was a fun addition and we used it a fair bit. We spent some time with the Front Runner family camping and they showed us what grilled meats are all about. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94