Lighting up the Jeep

aclark79

Thanks for the answer! I've got a Volvo TGB 1111 coming from Europe and I want to add some lights to the front, however space is limited because the windshield folds down front and I don't want to sacrifice this function. I'm waiting till I can make measurements before I buy anything.

pinetar

Any finished photos and final review of how this setup has been working for you?

I need to get some better lighting for my WK2 all around and have been looking for solutions without needing a roof rack first. Yours looks like a viable and fairly easy one, I'm just curious how it all looks. :lurk:

drcoopster

Adventurer
Thanks. When you have a specific task, there's no substitute for the right tool.

SwkX_O0wS_6yMe0zPX-YJ_VA5HHZZ_OpvysJnvBhOqaj=s600

EDIT: I'm using one of these for the relays and fuses. I'll be able to use it with other things added on in the future as well.

tc9KSXtflAW7VRoNPJ6S1OgYXu6C9ZI01B-dK3GQo6nx=s400

Last edited:

cciedave

Awesome thread! Just wanted to show you guys my quick setup for my 2014 wk2.
I just removed the stock fog lights and cut the holes slightly larger to fit Rigid Dually's. I also used the Jeep JK Fog Light Kit from Rigid to securely hold the lights in. They're flood lights and great for off roading. Unfortunately they're too bright to use at night on public roads.

3YguxhRl.jpg

44fEY9al.jpg

drcoopster

Adventurer
Looks sharp! I didn't want to modify or remove the OEM projector fog lights because they're quite good as they come from the factory. I have a single Rigid Dually on a bike here and it sure throws out a lot of light for the trail.

bobholthaus

Observer
OP: would you be willing to make one of those harnesses for me if I paid you? I want to put a Rigid lightbar behind my grill. Please let me know. Thanks. Great work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles