Sheep Bridge-Verde River

trackhead

Adventurer
Here's another truck camper trip from a couple months ago...........Sheep Bridge was the destination. A remote area on the Verde River that has just enough rough dirt road to keep most people away.

Entering from the south, near Cave Creek.
IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

Cross over this little creek a few times.
IMG_1782.JPG

Then after 20-30 miles you descend down to the Verde River.
IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1790.JPG

Sheeps Bridge and the Verde River.
IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1800.JPG

If you chose your spot wisely, you might be able to get away with a little cliff jumping here......
IMG_1806.JPG

Mazatzal Peak.
IMG_1814.JPG

Sneaking down to the hot springs.
IMG_1826.JPG

Maybe 95 degree water. Warm enough for a nice dip.
IMG_1828.JPG

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I frequent the area often being only ~2 hours from my hood. Try going in the back way via Horseshoe lake it cuts your travel time in half and the road is much smoother. Another bonus of the back way is one of the best Crested Saguaro you will find.

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 34

trackhead

Adventurer
I frequent the area often being only ~2 hours from my hood. Try going in the back way via Horseshoe lake it cuts your travel time in half and the road is much smoother. Another bonus of the back way is one of the best Crested Saguaro you will find.

If I'm not mistaken, that road out was closed much of the year.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
It was closed for a short time along with FR41 but it is not post on the blinking closer sign anymore, not posted at the turn off, and not posted on the road back. Otherwise I have not ever seen it closed.

tsoza86

Great looking trip. Finishing witing my bronco,then im planning on a trip like that with the family. I want to take the backway from prescott to crown king

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior