1992 Montero 3.0 engine lost all compression

tyty13

Adventurer
Montero 3.0 engine lost all compression.
When cranking engine sound like you have remove all the spark plug but all the spark plug are in.
I did put one to the timing belt covers to see If the belt still rotates when cranking engine and the pistons still go up and down .

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
You need to better explain your symptoms, what were you doing when this happened? So your timing belt still moves but are the cams actually moving? does it try to fire at all?

As a side note the '92 3.0 is a 12V non interference engine.

tyty13

Adventurer
You need to better explain your symptoms, what were you doing when this happened? So your timing belt still moves but are the cams actually moving? does it try to fire at all?

As a side note the '92 3.0 is a 12V non interference engine.

We were driving stop to get gas , got back on the freeway . The It started to overheat. Shut it down let it cool / add some water . the back on the road.
About 10-20 down the road it start to slow down for 60 mph to a stop . The Engine also stop. Don’t know if the cams are move just see the sprocket moving with the belt. It will not fire at all . I do have spark and fuel . Did find the water leak small hose going to the TB . Timing belt /pump was replace about 1k now.

tyty13

Adventurer
Just looked no water in the oil. Will have to take it apart to look at the timing this weekend FUN.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
sounds like the timing belt jumped - valves are opened at the wrong time not allowing compression or drawing fuel in... bad tensioner?

tyty13

Adventurer
I was also going to say timing belt jumped a tooth or two.

1989 Dodge Raider 3.0L

Well took it apart, timing belt looks good . Going to remove the head . I put an air hose to the cylinder head got water out the exhaust .
head gasket??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior