Suggestion for Sticky Threads

Patrollife

Explorer
Who is responsible for making a thread a "Sticky" . I would like to recommend the following:

Nissan Xterra - Post latest pic thread
Nissan Frontier/Navara - Post latest pic thread
Nissan Patrol - Post latest pic thread
Nissan All other Models - Post latest pic thread

Thoughts?

skibum315

Explorer
What does having separate threads get us that's any different from the "Post Nissan Pictures" thread? I like that there's variety in that thread ... but I can see how model specific might be appealing, too.

Patrollife

Explorer
What does having separate threads get us that's any different from the "Post Nissan Pictures" thread? I like that there's variety in that thread ... but I can see how model specific might be appealing, too.

I feel the same on both points. I like the option in the other expedition vehicle threads to view just Tacos, FJs, 70 series LCs, etc. and thought it might be a good option to adopt for our Nissan cohort. Makes some of the discussions that result from the pictures more model specific as well.

skibum315

Explorer
I like the option in the other expedition vehicle threads to view just Tacos, FJs, 70 series LCs, etc.
I'm curious what you mean by this ... I didn't see anything like that when I took a quick look through the other brand sub-forums - at least as far as stickies ... they may have the threads, but I didn't really dig ... just glanced at the stickies and first few threads on the list.

To answer your original question, though, I think either a mod or admin has to do it (make a thread a sticky) ... but the thread they're "sticky-ing" has to already exist, or I suppose they *could* create it. At any rate, I believe it's just a setting on their end, when viewing from within the thread settings/moderation tools.

Patrollife

Explorer
Check out the Toyota LC thread. It has a sticky for each series. The other yota models haven't yet sticky'd the tacos, FJ or 4 runner but they have roll call threads that would be nice to see converted to a sticky.

skibum315

Explorer
Wow ... totally missed that when I looked yesterday, lol. We've got the Nissan registry, too ... but like the photos thread, it's not model specific.

Perhaps this is a silly question, but do we have enough traffic in the Nissan sub-forum to support seperate model specific threads?

Patrollife

Explorer
I see and experience more traffic with the yotas, but who knows, perhaps the different stickys could generate more interest and research with the Nissans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier