1980's Ford Cab-forward Firetruck Converted

Jason911

Adventurer
Yesterday I was at the annual Jefferson Car Show and Parts(junk) swap in Jefferson, WI and while aimlessly wandering about I came across this gem. Hung around for the owner, but to no avail - assumed he too must of been lost in the sea of car parts. Looks to be a early 80's Ford cab-forward pumper, converted to a "camper/rolling workshop", and near as I could tell he was using it for living and for a mobile Harley repair shop(steady work to be sure). Pictures explain all that I could see - lots of little details hidden too. I'm still seeing stuff on the photos that I did not see yesterday. No affiliation, but please - enjoy!
View attachment 282133View attachment 282134

ExpoMike

Are you posting from your phone? Forums don't auto rotate images like your phone does. Try flipping your phone 180* and take new pics to post. Should be upright.

Mushin_Noshin

Adventurer
That's impressive. Most of the older pumpers r built strong and just taking stuff off of them is a choir let alone modifying them to that extent. Thx for sharing

patoz

Expedition Leader
I'm a retired Fire Chief, and since I don't like seeing fire trucks upside down, I rotated the pictures. :)

IMG_8518.jpg

IMG_8521.jpg

IMG_8522.jpg

IMG_8524.jpg

IMG_8527.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

quickfarms

Adventurer
That's impressive. Most of the older pumpers r built strong and just taking stuff off of them is a choir let alone modifying them to that extent. Thx for sharing

The current ones are not built that way. Some of the equipment looks like it was an afterthought and they are more about the shiny metal and less about the structure with no provisions to work on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne