LR3 Compressor Removal

GORM

Adventurer
Well, my weekend upgrade project got a little more challenging. I broke 2 of the 3 clips (of course bottom ones) that hold the air compressor housing to the truck frame. Shouldn't be too difficult to find replacement parts. However, I could not figure out how to remove the 2 rear air attachments. I bailed when I could figure out how to do those.

One seems like a large bolt (maybe 20-22mm), hard to tell with the corrosion. The other I was unsure how to remove, no bolt so I has no idea how to remove.

Another question I have is that the screws on the air dryer are rusted. The rebuild kits look like they include those screws but there are 6 on the unit and only 4 in the kit so I'm questioning whether those are the same.

I'm thinking I need more parts on hand than the desiccant and filters.

Any help on how to remove rear two air hoses and comments appreciated. It looks like I now have a project next weekend!

Kent

unseenone

Explorer
If you depressurize the system first it will be easier. They are friction fittings. You push in on it to release, then the hose will slide out of the center. Here's a "how to" do it.

A word of warning, the vehicle will drop, so be sure the safely put the vehicle on stands, etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94