Stove: Camp Chef Everest vs Stansport High Ouput

Looking to move from my ancient Coleman white gas stove to the Camp Chef Everest propane stove.
Electric ignition, ability to use a big bottle with it...it seems to review really well and I was just about set on buy one when I saw Stansport make something that looks nearly the same, specs nearly the same...It was close enough I thought -it was the same- til I saw a 1" difference in dimensions and a little difference in weight.

The Stansport is marginally more affordable; but if there's a strong performance/durability advantage to one over the other that's more important to me.

thanks for any real world user comments!

-alan

the coleman has served well. it's kinda small though, which is one of the nice things about the camp chef: wider foot print lets you have two decent sized pans on there at once.

iowalr4

Adventurer
I have the Camp Chef Everest. Love it. Well built. Tough. The burners are really great. It gets plenty hot in a hurry.

WeLikeCamping

Explorer
I just purchased the Everest, because the forty-year old Coleman Propane stoves I have just don't put out the BTU's that I want. I haven't used the Everest yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

gzeleniak

I have an Everest, used it several times now. Best stove I have ever used, plenty of heat with the ability to turn down to a simmer. I highly recommend this stove.

WeLikeCamping

Explorer
I can only compare it to my Camp Chef Oven/Stove combo, or a Coleman propane, but honestly it would not be an apples to apples. The burner output is so much higher with the Everest and I have to agree, for car-camping, it is the best on my list too.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
I really like my Everest, but have been slightly disappointed at my ability to maintain a very low flame. Knobs are a bit sticky and don't seem to stay exactly where I turn them to. Anyone have adjustment tips that would help?

tarditi

Explorer
Second this!

I have an everest and a classic coleman propane 2-burner. The coleman is the one that fits into my dosko campmate (the everest is about 1/2" too wide), the everest is the best camp stove I've used, but at full throttle it'll drain a small propane tank pretty handily.
We've used it for lots of scout campouts and it would have coffee brewing & water boiling for 75ppl in very little time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94