M1101 trailer build UEV 440 kinda

hamthis

Observer
Everyone liked this one! Yeah it has a cieling fan. I can't have a normal vent for a trailer because I have 1" of clearance to fit in my garage. If anyone knows of a trailer vent that has 1" or less top clearance forward it my way.
IMG_7581.jpg

IMG_7580.jpg
The main control panel this is right next to the door as you get in. I decided to go with solar. I purchased everything from amazon I bought a 100 watt flat panel ($190) and a Epever solar charge controller MPPT ($128) capable of going up to 200 watts if need be. I am hopeing that the 100 will be fine. I also bought a $15 watt meter. It is exremely accurate its nice to see how much is getting pulled directly from the batterys.

Oh the batteries I purchase the two 6 volt golf cart batteries from costco. The reviews and the research I did these are by far the best bang for the buck. I will take some pictures when I get the main wiring in the battery compartment done.

hamthis

Observer
Here was a small Christmas in July my fun amazon boxes.
IMG_3562.jpg
IMG_3563.jpg
IMG_3565.jpg
IMG_3566.jpg

I went with the G7200 Noco Charger because it is super awesome. This model can charge the batteries from shore power and it is can also do the long term maintenance trickle charge. The defining reason for me was it can provide up to 5 Amp and 12 volt for the house power if need be it makes seting everything up easier before I had the battery in the trailer. I will be installing a 1000 watt inverter for the power. I got one from a guy i know for free. It is not a pretty nice new looking one and it does not have a pure sine wave but it will work for the stuff I might need it to do. eventually I will pick up a Xantrex 806-1210.

hamthis

Observer
My current project for this weekend is to get the water tanks mounted under the trailer and the pump up and running.
IMG_3498.jpg
IMG_3500.jpg

This is what I have up to current today!!!

Kinda off topic but:
I am in need of some guidance from the community. My family and I will be taking this trailer in the very near future from Central California where I live to Colorado. I have done this trip many times via the I-15 to the I-70. Our plan is to go the lower route to Colorado and camp all the way out there. I am looking for some really great spots to stop on the trail we like the idea of camping on BLM land cause it is free and no one is around. Our plan is to stop on the south side of the Grand Canyon and then continue to Colorado on the 160 at a northeast direction.

We are looking for great BLM spots near the grand canyon we want to stop for a couple day and see the canyon and then spots alone the 160 we don't mind venturing off the path of highway 160 up to 50-60 miles.

FMF

Adventurer
Where did you get the ceiling fan? I was joking with my wife on getting one for our trailer the other day.

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Great job man! Love the pop outs and you got it right when you said that material is hard to work with but its tough as nails! Hey, how's that side working that doesn't have any nylon straps running along the top for support? I am actually thinking of taking those out of mine but I want to make sure it stays tight....hate hate hate sagging fabric..lol. Also, what made ya use the awning track to hold the fabric instead of attaching it to awning rope? Works like you have it, just curious..Great build!

Ooops

Observer
Great job man! Love the pop outs ..... Great build!
Yep what he said! :sombrero:
I've haven't been to the thread in a while so I was surprised to see the excellent development / implementation of your ideas.
Absolutely cracking, I think you've solved a problem for me. I can't wait to see how this progresses :clapsmile

hamthis

Observer
Great job man! Love the pop outs and you got it right when you said that material is hard to work with but its tough as nails! Hey, how's that side working that doesn't have any nylon straps running along the top for support? I am actually thinking of taking those out of mine but I want to make sure it stays tight....hate hate hate sagging fabric..lol. Also, what made ya use the awning track to hold the fabric instead of attaching it to awning rope? Works like you have it, just curious..Great build!

Hey Rutdigger: The side without the nylon straps seems to work. I have had it set up for about 4-5weeks in the front driveway not sure about direct winds on it. I work for a garage door company and we have a ton of aluminum track it looks very simular to awning track but I decide not to go that route of sewing and hoping it was exact. The fabric is so strong that when I put a screw through at 2 " peice I could not pull it through. I decided to install the tracking over the fabric so I could get the fabirc tensioned perfectly. I am not worried about it.

It is all coming together very quickly I head out in two days and I still have to get so much done. :coffee:

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Hey Rutdigger: The side without the nylon straps seems to work.

I think I might end up pulling mine out and see how it acts. That fabric is tough as nails and don't slide to easy over things. I would like to be able to just unsnap and close the drop outs, but as it is now it gets tangled on the straps. Pros and cons of the straps I guess. I'll mess with it s little more when it isn't so damn hot! Lol

Sent from my spy phone
Www.tonysjeep.com

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Awesome build!
Where are you mounting a spare tire?
"Dumb that GM changed to a metric bolt pattern and not staying with the 8 on 6.5"
You could have shared a spare with the truck.

hamthis

Observer
The Promo Video is Here

Well Gentlemen and Ladies the promo video is finally here.

We went out on our first trip with the trailer and it was a huge success! We put almost 3100 miles on the trailer in a little less than two weeks. While in Colorado I decided to take a little video and try to explain the trailer in fine detail. Here is the link to the you tube video. https://youtu.be/I1zxNcZLQ08

I will mention that I still have some work to do on the trailer. I would call it 95% done. I still want good stairs and I also want to make a foxwing awing. I will show those builds when I can.

Feel free to ask questions.

[video]https://youtu.be/I1zxNcZLQ08[/video]

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Great video bro. You did a great job. I'm totally gonna steel the idea of using the sun shade for more insulation on the pantry door! Also love that you can access your fridge from the inside!

Sent from my spy phone
Www.tonysjeep.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior