eBay 1993 Ford 4X4 ambulance 86K miles

DieselFreak

Adventurer
looks like it's gone. Not sure about this thing or the accuracy of the description. Maybe it will be relisted

Decals are cheesy and not original, in fact the "4x4" on the rear panels is from a late 80s-90s chevy truck.

1993 fords were not powerstroke diesels, ford was still using the IDI 7.3. Some of these engines came with an optional turbo, but they are rare. The turbo IDI has marginal reliability as the engine does not take well to turbocharging, although an intercooler helps. So based on this and the other errors in the listing it may not actually be a turbo diesel. The 7.3 powerstroke TD was introduced in 1994.5 model year.

No pics of the undercarriage or frame. It seems odd that they would not incude them unless it has significant rust. Most folks want to see the under-bits, especially since the use road salt in VA.

It is really Shiny though, that may appeal to some buyers.

looks like it's gone. Not sure about this thing or the accuracy of the description. Maybe it will be relisted

Decals are cheesy and not original, in fact the "4x4" on the rear panels is from a late 80s-90s chevy truck.

1993 fords were not powerstroke diesels, ford was still using the IDI 7.3. Some of these engines came with an optional turbo, but they are rare. The turbo IDI has marginal reliability as the engine does not take well to turbocharging, although an intercooler helps. So based on this and the other errors in the listing it may not actually be a turbo diesel. The 7.3 powerstroke TD was introduced in 1994.5 model year.

No pics of the undercarriage or frame. It seems odd that they would not incude them unless it has significant rust. Most folks want to see the under-bits, especially since the use road salt in VA.

It is really Shiny though, that may appeal to some buyers.

I was high bidder on it, but after a little recon work, it's not going to work for me...glad someone wanted it more than I.

PGGRS

Observer
Good God... $18.5 somebody REALLY wanted it! Seller had to jumping for joy. At auction he probably got it for less than 1/4 of that!

2 more cents- "Cheesy decals" - I have those same Chevy decals on my rig. Ebay $9 for 2. A Ford Decal set from the dealer is 10X that. I'm not a lover of lots of decals, but a couple nicely placed ones makes it less "ambulancy"
Best compliment I got at the Expo was that a nearby camper at Camp Mud said at first he thought 'Nice rig' then a day later realized it was a former ambulance. Exactly what I was going for...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke