Baby/Toddler sleeping arrangement in a Four Wheel Camper

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Thanks for posting. We finally got our daughter sleeping in her own crib and bedroom at home at around 10 months. She is almost a year old now. I'm slightly terrified that letting her sleep with us when the fleet finally arrives will ruin out sleeping routine at home.
I ordered the forward dinette however, hoping that I can secure her down there comfortably at night. She loves to stand up and jump when she wakes up too, so I'm sure she'll try bonking her head a bunch. It is going to be interesting for sure, she is squirmy at night so I'm not sure I would even want her up top with us anyway.

How old is your little one?

Super Doody

Explorer
Thanks for posting. We finally got our daughter sleeping in her own crib and bedroom at home at around 10 months. She is almost a year old now. I'm slightly terrified that letting her sleep with us when the fleet finally arrives will ruin out sleeping routine at home.
I ordered the forward dinette however, hoping that I can secure her down there comfortably at night. She loves to stand up and jump when she wakes up too, so I'm sure she'll try bonking her head a bunch. It is going to be interesting for sure, she is squirmy at night so I'm not sure I would even want her up top with us anyway.

How old is your little one?

Our daughter is 19 months old now. She sleeps fine at home and we try to emulate the home setting and routine as much as possible. She always sleeps with a sound machine, stuffed animals and 3 lovies in her room. In the camper, we use a ipod with sound machine app.
You'll figure it out the routine. I was pretty concerned as well but you can't control everything so you just have to go with the flow and just figure it out as you go.

Last weekend, we were camping with friends in the redwood. First night she slept fine. We went into the camper a couple of time after she was asleep and she didn't even make a peep. However, on the second night she woke up crying an hr after we put her down. She didn't stop crying after ~10 mins so I went try to comfort her. She fell asleep on my shoulder but every time I tried to lay her down she would start crying again so she slept on me and my wife for the night. The next day we figured out she was teething really bad. Poor girl, her gums were completely inflamed with lots tiny white bumps. She is getting her molars.

Our 3rd trip this season is in 2 weeks : )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94