Is This for Real ????

A

agavelvr

That belonged to an expo member at one point... Can't remember who.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
It was for sale on here too at one point. I can't remember which member it belonged too. I think they were German and were using it to tour around the US.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Why can't people just make honest livings? I mean, we deal with Spammers on here and I can't for the life of me figure out how they make their money and why they can't get off their lazy keisters and make an honest living.

icedrifter68

Definitely as scam. I responded to a Florida CL ad, and received a response something to the effect like -I am an officer and transferred from an Utah post to Alaska. Send the funds via PayPal and I will use a no-cost military shipping method to a location of your preference...Sincerely Lt (female's name).

icedrifter68

Please do not weigh in based on conjecture - especially when a post is obviously fake. Some of us are in remote locations are looking for vehicles, and band width is valuable...

From second email, from another CraigsList location...
'Hi,

I'm glad that you are interested in buying my 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Custom Truck Camper. The truck and the camper come together.The truck has been extremely well maintained with a full service history,has 110,000 miles and has not been involved in any accidents.I bought it when I was serving at Hill Air Force Base, Utah but I was promoted and transferred to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska for a 2 year period, so I do not want to let it rot in my backyard and therefore need a fast and reliable buyer. The camper is already at our Department of Logistics at Hill Air Force Base, Utah crated and ready to go. The shipping will be free for you because I will transport it using the internal transport system we have here at the Department of Logistics! The DoL will deliver the camper to the nearest Air Force Base from your area and from there I will use a tow-truck to have it delivered to your door. The whole shipping process will take 4-6 days. The financial part will be managed by eBay, which means you will have a 5 day inspection period before committing to buy the camper.In this way, both you and I are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. I would really like to get at least $ 7900 so if you are interested in making this purchase in a timely manner email me your: full name and shipping address, so I can inform eBay that I have a buyer! I will forward your details to them and then you will receive the invoice. Then you will be able to talk with them directly and ask all you want to know .

For more pics please get back to me as soon as possible!
Thank you,

Lt. Michele Weinstein"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior