Floor Matting

JCTex

Observer
JK floor is clean and will soon receive a layer of Dynamat, or equivalent. What I need next is something to cover it: Pliable, thick enough to help a little with sound and temp on its own, can be glued down, and is washable. Does anyone know of such a product?

Jerry

Mitch502

Explorer
Maybe thick rubber, something like what you would use for a koi pond? It would be decently priced, and pliable.

I've heard good things about bedrug products. It's like carpet but washable. Should help with the sound deadening as well. Check out some here.

1stDeuce

Explorer
Yeah, I'd suggest going with one of the fitted aftermarket vinyl floor alternatives. I tried using pond liner in a truck once and it sucked. The bare floor was better. :)

Most of the fitted aftermarket floors have a good pattern and some level of insulation, at least on the front floor sections where it's needed most. They also can be easily removed, as they go in in sections.

Good Luck!
Chris

JCTex

Observer
My Jeep expert tells me putting Dynamat down is really sticky and messy, plus the shiny side up is going to require a very good adhesive to bond to the floor covering. Floor matting will adhere to Lizard Skin if I wanted to mess with its time required and mess. Guess I'll keep exploring the market. There's bound to be some way to insulate and deaden a Jeep without using carpet.

Chris, are you talking about a Jeep AM product, like something Quadratec would sell? If you were Googling what you're talking about, what would you query?

Jerry

you could try those work matts from harbor freight they are about 8 bucks for 4 2 x2 squares about 1/2inch think dose form rubber stuff that is what I am gonna do iusethem now over the seats when folded down for the dogs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior