Wagonofdoom - 2015 Outback build

DanCooper

Adventurer
Wow! This is getting crazier (in the best possible sense) by the day! It seems that your rack must be a custom fabrication, and I hope I can trouble you to post a sketch or photo of the rack design, and also how you attach it to your OEM roof rack. Those Tepui tents are really nice.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I still get 22 mpg on the highway, while carrying the rack, fridge, drawers, tents, sleeping items, food, a winch, steel bumper, bigger tires, and can still sling it down a curvy road if I really want to. Oh, also with a 10 gal water tank full in the floorboard of the back seat. If im gonna go explore, im going to do it as fun and comfortable as i can. This car does it all that I (me, as an individual) requires very well

I get around 21-22mpg with my 2.5 cvt OB towing our 4x6 trailer loaded its probably around 1400lbs max empty its just shy of 900lbs. Granted with the yellow topped Costco bins on the trailer our profile on the trailer is below the roof line on the OB. No bins and the top of the trailer sits even with the bottom of the rear window glass on the hatch. Were headed out again for two nights next week. Probably the last camping trip for us this summer. But we did 4 trips starting in April! YAY!!!

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Wow! This is getting crazier (in the best possible sense) by the day! It seems that your rack must be a custom fabricationS, and I hope I can trouble you to post a sketch or photo of the rack design, and also how you attach it to your OEM roof rack. Those Tepui tents are really nice.

oem rack? I ditched that.

this one bolts to the tie down points. MUCH stronger and secure. if you look up costa fabrications on facebook, he has some pics of the rack off the car in the grass

Last edited:

RDC76

Adventurer
oem rack? I ditched that.

this one bolts to the tie down points. MUCH stronger and secure. if you look up costa fabrication on facebook, he has some pics of the rack off the car in the grass

Costa Fabrications (plural) add an S. on facebook. If you look up with no s at the end it will lead you to a father and son team that builds grills and smokers in texas .lol

or you could just click my link at the bottom of this post..
Grant I cant wait to see all that stuff powdercoated!

docwatson

Adventurer
Most of your mods seem to be functionally based. I especially like the front winch mount. Maybe I missed it, but do you have a long term purpose for those side screens?

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Taking Care of some Pretty finishing work before i get it powdercoated.
Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

welding every single edge of the expanded steel, then wire wheel, then flapper wheel. Since im powdercoating, should flow in well.

The devil is in the details i truly believe. Small things like this set it apart from off the shelf things.

eastbaysubaru

Just found this thread (Thanks Jalopnik!) and that is one of the most amazing Subaru expedition vehicles I've ever seen. Bad ***. Do you mind elaborating on your suspension modifications a bit? I didn't see much about that (pictures-wise) in the thread.

-Brian

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Just found this thread (Thanks Jalopnik!) and that is one of the most amazing Subaru expedition vehicles I've ever seen. Bad ***. Do you mind elaborating on your suspension modifications a bit? I didn't see much about that (pictures-wise) in the thread.

-Brian

its just a 2" spacer lift with larger tires right now. Noone makes anything for the outback, so im having ot fab, or find someone to work with my on almost everything. 4.5" is coming soon however.

tokyospark

iSight still working correctly?

...I could ONLY get eyesight with leather. I didnt want leather...

Unrelated to the choice of Outback over Forester, I'm curious if your lift has effected the functioning of your iSight.
I was told by my dealer that the geometry of the car is programmed, so any changes may alter it's ability to detect distance correctly.

BTW, I love what you're doing with your car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94