Wagonofdoom - 2015 Outback build

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Made a pretty big purchase of some stuff last night to finish up the water setup. Frontrunner footwell tank, hose kit, water pump, camp chef water heater for shower and some other small things. Figured out I cant fit a 50qt ARB, so may get a 37qt, still up in the air about a fridge in general. I know it will be useful, but its still a ton of money

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
water tank should arrive today. This evening going to work on dividers for the drawers so things don't move around and bang around as well as lining the drawers with black carpet to further mute the contents. If I finish that in time, ill install the water system into the vehicle.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
I wanted to be able to take a shower/wash off feet/etc etc so I got a frontrunner water tank for the rear floorboard, since I never have anyone in my backseat, and a water pump that can just be turned on and work. if there is a demand it pumps, if not, it shuts off. Should work well I hope

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
drawers are done
they are just high enough to fit the harbor freight ammo boxes for stuff like stakes and batteries and such
the black part with the drawers closed, actually finishes covering the spare tire well and allows access to the tools and recovery gear that is stored there.

i DO need ot make one more set of dividers to hold hte ammo cans from sliding back, but other than that, im done

water tank is sitting there. ill wire it up tomorrow
by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

rayra

Expedition Leader
real nice build, looks like just the thing for all-weather use in New England. Especially all those tight little forest roads.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
lots of work to do, and ive been lazy

Edgestar 43qt will be here tomorrow (got a killer deal on it)
Have to make a slide for it, latch for it, finish wiring the pump for water system, obtain hose fittings to hook up the shower heater.

Past that its pretty much ready for this weekends trip to Rausch Creek

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
yes I can. Ill take some pics when I get home and detail it.

Its relatively simple. just a frontrunner tank, RV water pump that is on demand (shuts off when no pressure is required and auto starts, can run dry without damage as well), small filter, and a hose with a quick release. Its used mainly for my Camp Chef Triton 5l shower

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles