REVIEW: MPOWERED Solar Luci Lights

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Sarah checks in with a quality, and inexpensive, light system that will elevate any overland camp setup.

REVIEW: MPOWERED Solar Luci Lights

EELuciLights-2.jpg

EELuciLightsSlider.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Sarah did a great job with the photography of those lanterns. That is a challenging subject to try to shoot.

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Sarah did a great job with the photography of those lanterns. That is a challenging subject to try to shoot.

Thanks for the kind words. Sarah wrote the review, but I shot all the photographs, as per most of the shots on Exploring Elements. The photos came out okay, but not super happy with the shots actually. For sure a tough subject to photograph properly. Did the night shots WAY out in the desert at night over the winter.

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Looks like a lumin-aid copycat?

Sort of. I do believe the Lumin-Aid hit the market a few months before the Luci. I've used both products and the Luci Light, in all forms, is better in all ways. I actually chose not to do a Lumin-Aid review because of this, as it is not a product that I'd recommend.

(PS: I have zero affiliation with either company. I did get samples for review consideration from each at various trade shows over the past 3 years.)

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Well its a great review. I do beg to differ on the comparison (to the lumin aid pack lite 12) but I don't want to hijack your thread as I have not a vested interest in either company or their products. As always, I look forward to your future reviews...

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Well its a great review. I do beg to differ on the comparison (to the lumin aid pack lite 12) but I don't want to hijack your thread as I have not a vested interest in either company or their products. As always, I look forward to your future reviews...

Appreciate the kind words. The reviews will keep flowing.

PS: All good for sure if you want to express your opinions on the Lumin-Aid lights. They didn't stay inflated long, didn't charge as fast and put out a fraction of the ambient light of the Luci Lights from my experience. Again, no interest in either company for me either. I just wanted to share my/Sarah's positive experience with the Luci Lights.

srschick

Adventurer
recently bought a pair of these, one Lux and one Aura.
A bit smaller than I figured. let it set on the patio for a sunny day.
the Lux stayed lit on the low setting for about 8+ hours, the Aura was on "cycle mode" and lasted about 6 hours.

You WILL need to make sure there is direct sunlight for recharging, and the next day was a bit cloudy and they didn't seem to last as long.

Overall I'm please with these lights, with the benefit of not having to replace batteries nor refill with gas.
perfect for inside tent, walking lantern, or with a few more of the Auras, great accent lighting for the campsite.
I can say that I'll be buying a couple more, as they don't cover a huge area (again, because smaller than expected). Maybe an Original version and another Aura.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles