Trail tools picture thread...

taco_tay

Adventurer
Well camp tools are different than trail tools, I'd say. I have my trail tools that come with me just about everywhere. Then I'll supplement with other stuff for the activity I'm doing like camping, etc.
For example, I'd absolutely bring a chainsaw exploring the Northwoods of WI or MI UP, but not for a trip to Moab. My trail tools for either will remain the same, though.
I don't think I have any pics of my trail tools, and they're kept in a bag and a small Pelican and not terribly organized.

I like the idea of keeping the camping tools and trail tools separately. I agree with not bringing a chainsaw to moab lol. I go camping just about every weekend in the summer so I may swap my camp tools to my totes that have my camping equipment (tent, stove, fishing stuff etc.)

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
My most frequently used trail tools are my tire repair kit. I carry, rubber cement, 36 strings / plugs, tire reamer, plug applicator, valve cores, valve repair tool, spare valve cores, spare valves, valve puller tool, tire spoon, starting fluid, chalk / paint pen, or perm marker.

I carry the usual assortment of sockets, wrenches, ratchets, screw drivers, hex and star keys, pliers.

Also carry a 36" pry bar.

taco_tay

Adventurer
My most frequently used trail tools are my tire repair kit. I carry, rubber cement, 36 strings / plugs, tire reamer, plug applicator, valve cores, valve repair tool, spare valve cores, spare valves, valve puller tool, tire spoon, starting fluid, chalk / paint pen, or perm marker.

I carry the usual assortment of sockets, wrenches, ratchets, screw drivers, hex and star keys, pliers.

Also carry a 36" pry bar.

Nice gotta take a picture next time you have it all out.

rgallant

Adventurer
You might want to consider some Seals All, self tapping screws/bolts (short) and a variety of washers. You can seal almost any smaller hole in a gas tank or oil pan with that stuff using screws and washers. In theory you could have a small piece of sheet metal and some shears and whack of Seals All for bigger holes.

taco_tay

Adventurer
You might want to consider some Seals All, self tapping screws/bolts (short) and a variety of washers. You can seal almost any smaller hole in a gas tank or oil pan with that stuff using screws and washers. In theory you could have a small piece of sheet metal and some shears and whack of Seals All for bigger holes.

That's funny you say that. On Sunday I went to Ace Hardware and bough about half a dozen of various size stainless bolts, washers, lock nuts and self tapping sheet metal screws. Great minds think alike. Good call on the Seals All. I'll definitely pick some of that up.

Strizzo

Explorer

my recovery box: 50' winch extension, 8' tree saver, 30' ARB recovery strap, 3 shackles, 2 soft shackles (not pictured), snatch block, and viking winchline repair kit.

i take a soft tool bag with me with 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" ratchets, 3/8 and 1/2 breaker bars, all of my metric sockets and allen sockets, a few pliers, screwdrivers, prybars, and zip ties.

also have a quart of gear oil, premix coolant, and oil, and a can of wd-40.

Last edited:

taco_tay

Adventurer

my recovery box: 50' winch extension, 8' tree saver, 30' ARB recovery strap, 3 shackles, 2 soft shackles (not pictured), snatch block, and viking winchline repair kit.

i take a soft tool bag with me with 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" ratchets, 3/8 and 1/2 breaker bars, all of my metric sockets and allen sockets, a few pliers, screwdrivers, prybars, and zip ties.

also have a quart of gear oil, premix coolant, and oil, and a can of wd-40.

Nice set up! I like the pelican case. Some would say they are over kill but I'm a case guy. I love high end cases and bags.

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
Here is a photo I took today of some of my tools I keep in the truck. I did an inventory and need to put back some items that never made it back in after my suspension install.

I've been really happy with these 6-point-muti-colored HF sockets in 1/4" and 3/8" drive variety. They work excellent. Also excellent is the 72-tooth composite ratchet.
IMG_20150510_121131%7E01.jpg

IMG_20150512_122807.jpg

12-volt light (draws 8 watt).
IMG_20150512_122750.jpg

All of it goes into this one small hard-sided-pelican-style EXFO box.
IMG_20150512_123500.jpg

taco_tay

Adventurer
Nice another guy with harbor freight tools. As long as you buy the Pittsburg pro series, they are decent tools. Nice set up man.

EXPO365

Adventurer
Don't forget about Craftsman hand tools fellas, a bit more expensive then HF but you get a lifetime warranty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz