Does a European Expo Chapter exist?

I'm in Sweden. Let me know if you want any advice on the Nordics. Lots of great wilderness up here.

Johanso,

I would be very interested in some info about where a few must see place would be if I had 4-5 days in September next year. Im planning a return from Iceland at the end of August and then moving north for a week or two.

BCobe

Adventurer
Anyone else planning any other trips around Europe? I was planning to do a trip through the Alps this last September but due to work and family it fell through.

Anyone else planning any other trips around Europe? I was planning to do a trip through the Alps this last September but due to work and family it fell through.

I will be taking several trips in 2016 around the continent. It will be my last year here and I have about 90 days of vacation to cash in! So far the only dates set in stone are to Iceland and the Faroe Islands cause we had to book the ferry already. If anybody wants to put a group trip together, hit me up.

BCobe

Adventurer
I know Geko Expeditions have some trips planned for next year. There was one for Romania thats very tempting but week long food storage is something I would have a problem with.

johanso

Adventurer
Johanso,

I would be very interested in some info about where a few must see place would be if I had 4-5 days in September next year. Im planning a return from Iceland at the end of August and then moving north for a week or two.

September is a great time of the year to explore the Nordics. Days are still pretty long and warm, not much mosquitos left so great time for spending time in the mountains and forests.

The distances are big in this region so it depends a bit on where your start from. If you start in southern Sweden for instance you won't have time to drive to the most northern region with just 4-5 days at hand. Well, if you spend all the time in the car it would work but that won't be much fun.

The coast of Norway is spectacular and more or less a must see. Just a couple of hours inland you can visit mountains for great hiking and other fun stuff.

I you have time, Sarek and Abisko national parks in Northern Sweden is really beautiful with untouched wilderness. From there you can drive over to Norway and see the coast. September might be too late to go on whale safari but otherwise that is a great experience.

Let me know where you are starting from and I can give you some more ideas.

September is a great time of the year to explore the Nordics. Days are still pretty long and warm, not much mosquitos left so great time for spending time in the mountains and forests.

The distances are big in this region so it depends a bit on where your start from. If you start in southern Sweden for instance you won't have time to drive to the most northern region with just 4-5 days at hand. Well, if you spend all the time in the car it would work but that won't be much fun.

The coast of Norway is spectacular and more or less a must see. Just a couple of hours inland you can visit mountains for great hiking and other fun stuff.

I you have time, Sarek and Abisko national parks in Northern Sweden is really beautiful with untouched wilderness. From there you can drive over to Norway and see the coast. September might be too late to go on whale safari but otherwise that is a great experience.

Let me know where you are starting from and I can give you some more ideas.

Thanks for the info. I will be returning from Iceland by ferry to Denmark. Beyond that, nothing has been planned.

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
Is this thread dead?
We're planning a cross Pyrenees trip this summer. Sailing from Ireland around 9th July

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles