My 99.5 r50 Pathfinder

Nissanboston

This is going to be my build thread of my 99.5 Nissan pathfinder. I bought the truck with 115k miles on the clock for $3800, buying it i could tell it needed a lot of work but i was determined to transform this vehicle into an off-road capable monster. I wanted to revive it.
First thing was first, the cv axles were dead when i bought it, a wobble sensation when going over bumps and turning. I got those replaced and she was good to go! I then purchased 245/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tires and mounted them up. The trucks image greatly improved

Here she was when i first brought her home, didn't really get a good picture at the time .
http://s284.photobucket.com/user/ddonnelly026/media/IMG_0154_zps9rioa1ym.jpg.html]
IMG_0154_zps9rioa1ym.jpg
[/URL]
As you can see from the second picture, the truck came with a tire carrier stock. I needed to change that, it looked a little odd with 4 bolt sticking from the passenger quarter panel. Bought one from ebay, it had some surface rust so i sanded that and spray painted it black and it looked brand new again

Emblems add extra horsepower am i right?

I Added some extra decals to improve the image just a bit.

Then i officially got NPORA'd

After spending some time on the Npora forums i came across a thread that was Labeled "Strut tower recall" , i clicked on it and rushed to my dealer the next day, Some pictures of how my strut rust was.

Nissanboston

Here are the results from getting it back from the dealer after the recall repair, i had 2 holes right under my steerng column which they did nothing about because they said it was not in the recall procedure. (About a year after this getting done, the rust is back and now stronger. )

After all that was done, i was on to my next upgrade, i wanted a cb radio, so i went on amazon and bought and antenna, my fiance purchased me a cb radio for my birthday so all that was next to be done was installing it. This is where i mounted it on my carrier

This is where i mounted it in my console, looks a bit messy as i had no idea what i was doing, but it works and doesnt move , all i cared about was it working , i might fix it up a bit later on.

I also added a hi lift jack to my carrier with some tube mounts i purchased off amazon.

Nissanboston

I then went on my first offroading trip since purchasing the truck, i went to a place called Backwoods which is in Rumney Nh, which is about 2 hours from Boston. Was not a bad trip at all other than high centering and ripping my bumper almost completely off. It was all jeeps except for a few. I was the only pathfinder there, but not the only nissan thankfully.
The convoy of about 12 vehicles we had going up there

All i saw was jeeps when i arrived

A bit of photos from the actual trails

Nissanboston

I then decided, to go on a trip to explore, i was not with anyone and by myself which was the worst idea for me without any recovery gear. Well i got stuck in mud for 3 hours.. until some random guy with a jeep GC came and gave me a lift to walmart to buy straps then pulled me out and i was free at last. Was an annoyance but i'm glad it happened because i knew to prepare next time.

XPLORx4

Adventurer
Nice progress! You should consider rerouting the CB antenna wire through the grommet behind your right tail light so that you can open your lift gate without having to unscrew the cable.

Nissanboston

Nice progress! You should consider rerouting the CB antenna wire through the grommet behind your right tail light so that you can open your lift gate without having to unscrew the cable.

Yeah i found that out the hardway haha it was an annoyance, i just put it under the hood latch, and it works out just fine now. Thanks for the comment wreckdriver1321 i also agree , i like it way more with the carrier installed.

Nissanboston

After that small trip, i did not go off-roading for quite some time as it was ending summer and winter was on , now i don't know if any of you know but we had one of the worst winters here in new england, i managed to squeeze one small exploration trip in before we got swamped with feets of snow.

Didn't get to many pictures, as we were zipping through the trails. We had to break the ice on all the water holes we went through so that was a bit of a change from summer off-roading .

Camelfilter

Explorer
Nice one!

I have my OEM soft tire cover from my 1999.5 still. I'm hoping to trade it for "my" offroad lights with the guy I sold my Pathy to. If I can't connect w/him by the end of the month, would you like it?

+ I have really nice tire chains for sale. Should work for you, depends how upsized your tires are.

Nissanboston

Nice one!

I have my OEM soft tire cover from my 1999.5 still. I'm hoping to trade it for "my" offroad lights with the guy I sold my Pathy to. If I can't connect w/him by the end of the month, would you like it?

+ I have really nice tire chains for sale. Should work for you, depends how upsized your tires are.

I'm interested in the chains, not so much the tire cover as if i go bigger tire size, the tire cover will not be able to fit over 32s :p

Camelfilter

Explorer
I'm interested in the chains, not so much the tire cover as if i go bigger tire size, the tire cover will not be able to fit over 32s :p

Great! Shoot me a PM with when you might be available to swing by over to Dedham. Feel free to test fit them also.
Take a look see at my other stuff for sale too...

Jerry can/water can/gas spout/partial water pump-$100

Pop up privacy shelter never used $40

Cadac grill $60

etc

Ohh & I think I still have the OEM hubs off my 99.5 from when I swapped on mile markers. Free if you want them as a trail spare set.

Nissanboston

Great! Shoot me a PM with when you might be available to swing by over to Dedham. Feel free to test fit them also.
Take a look see at my other stuff for sale too...

Jerry can/water can/gas spout/partial water pump-$100

Pop up privacy shelter never used $40

Cadac grill $60

etc

Ohh & I think I still have the OEM hubs off my 99.5 from when I swapped on mile markers. Free if you want them as a trail spare set.

PM sent, i'm in everett it seems your only 35mins away from me without traffic, not to bad at all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online