My Raider's maintenance items.

Jay Ayala

Explorer
This will serve as a reminder, mostly to myself, of the maintenance items that need to be taken care of on my Raider. I've been taking care of a lot of items recently but I have a few more things that are left.

1. The engine that I overhauled in January of 2014 has a slight oil leak that I need to find and seal.
2. I just renewed all of my steering components and discovered that I have a power steering fluid leak at the bottom of the gear box. I'll have to replace it with a new one.
3. I just renewed my shocks and while crawling under the Raider I discovered a gear oil leak coming from the forward facing seal on the rear differential. I'll replace the axle completely with a newer SR locker axle.
4. The weather has been really nice lately and I've been driving with my windows down. Every time I drive past a sidewalk curb I can hear an echo of an exhaust pipe leak. I just picked up a junk yard set of exhaust manifolds and I'll swap them out to see if they help the exhaust leak.
5. For the past year and a half I've been hearing a wierd thumping sound when transitioning from gas to brakes and from breaks to gas. After discussing this with the 4x4wire members, we have concluded that it is time to renew the trailing arm bushings. I'll get that taken care of soon.

25d9c4e1adb00dc5b0e741bb51a1f23d.jpg

31b2d5c3203fb9d8f390540c2252e481.jpg

6421547dc14a5fb8708b620df57c6b86.jpg

89bae489cb6b0255ff53c4b360178b3e.jpg

18aae8dbb64a295040d6a78a9bab0b81.jpg

Jay Ayala

Explorer
I got the exhaust leak taken care of. It turns out the nut was loose on the exhaust manifold that mates to the Y-Pipe. But the service tech that looked at it also found that I had a seam burst open on the muffler. Besides, the tail pipe was in really bad shape.

I had American Eagle Muffler put on a new muffler and tail pipe assembly. It needed it.

1989 Dodge Raider 3.0L

Zerocool

I have that "thump" too, but it only happens if i push the gas a little too hard after letting it go, maybe i should replace my trailing arm bushings too. hmm

Jay Ayala

Explorer
Hey zerocool,
every time I see your name pop up on these threads, I immediately think of Anjelina Jolie's short haircut.

hackers_7.jpg

Zerocool

Did you change the Control Leading Arm? my thump seems to be getting worse slowly.

Jay, "did you fall in the pool?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior