KRAMPUS

MR. ED

Observer
I demoed a Krampus in the fall and fell in love with it. The other day I brought home my very own Lg. Krampus Ops. Couldn't be happier. I spent about 4 hours on it yesterday exploring some rough roads around the house. It was fantastic. Simple. Quiet. Fun. My new favorite for sure. No more monkeying with air shocks. Just grab it and go.

p nut

butter
I've been on a rigid bike for a number of years. Decided on a fat bike this year and it's been an eye opening experience. I've got 2 now although I'm getting rid of one, but only to add a 29+ wheel set. Krampus looks super fun, but I needed a 5" fattie for the winters so ended up with a fat bike. I'm sure I'll be adding a dedicated 29+ eventually though.

MR. ED

Observer
I hadn't been on a hardtail in 20 years! Just a couple big water bottles and some stuff in a seat bag. So much fun to just on and go. I'm going to put a smaller chainring up front to help with the climbs and a more comfortable seat to help me. Can't wait to get some more miles on it.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Awesome news Ed. The magical thing about bikes is the joy they bring to you and also provide a healthy way for you to explore the backcountry. You do understand that you are obligated to post some photos of your bike and the adventures you get into. SW Colorado is a place I have a hankering to get back to.

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
Pics! Krampus is on my list of bikes I would like to own for sure.

The difficulty I am facing is going FAT (like the Mukluk) and using it year round or getting something a little more "rideable" like the Krampus to scratch my need for wider tires.

I look forward to your thoughts on the bike after a few rides.

Cheers

Butch

SalsaJJ

Salsa GM
Remember that a new Mukluk with Alt plates and a Beargrease can fit 29+ or 27.5+ in those frames. I run 29+ in my Beargrease in the summer. Raises the BB just a little and makes it a killer trail ripper. Bonus is running fat tires when you want.

jayspies

Adventurer
Remember that a new Mukluk with Alt plates and a Beargrease can fit 29+ or 27.5+ in those frames. I run 29+ in my Beargrease in the summer. Raises the BB just a little and makes it a killer trail ripper. Bonus is running fat tires when you want.

I have a 2014 Muk 2, but don't know what you mean by "alt plates". Can you elaborate?

jayspies

Adventurer
Ah, duh. Makes sense. I have been thinking of building up a 27.5+ wheelset for the summer, should make it a lot more nimble.

reconmarine

DId you have a set of 29ers built for your Muk? I'd like to ride mine on more than mud, sand, snow and trails....interested in doing the same or buying a Deadwood..

p nut

butter
DId you have a set of 29ers built for your Muk? I'd like to ride mine on more than mud, sand, snow and trails....interested in doing the same or buying a Deadwood..

Yes, plenty have gone this route. You can easily have a set of 29er, 29+, 27.5+ wheels built for your Muk. 170mm hubs are now fairly easy and relatively cheap to come by. Should be a fun rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles