New to me: 95 E-350 MedTec Ambo

EXPO365

Adventurer
So I'm new to everything here. Haha! My first diesel, new member (first post) first ford, first ambo.

So I picked this bad boy up yesterday, she runs and drives ok, starts effortlessly, need some TLC. 133k on it. It may need a trans but I'm hoping a new VSS will take care of a inop speedo and erratic/hard shifting. All of the electronics work.

De badged it so far, I was gonna get new lenses for it but I think I'm just gonna go the cheep route and just use some of that spay on tail light black out for all the red lenses. Most of the trim will be black also.

This will be the wife's and I project for this summer, we'll be doing a RV/camper convention on it for a upcoming year long road trip.

I've been a lurker here for the past week or so and I'm overwhelmed buy all of the sweet rigs everyone has!

So I hope you'll follow along as this WIP continues, and by all mean feel free to comment with any good tips.

Thanks
Chris
46a65da3eada36122cb18332a4a965da.jpg
bfe5edccd8d362d9141f24b5bd92c99e.jpg

Last edited:

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
Nice. Looking forward to another ambo conversion. I like the grey and blue...doesn't scream !!!ambulance!!!

peneumbra

Explorer
Leave the emergency lights as they are. Once you've driven through heavy traffic Code Three, you'll never want to do it any other way!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Go to the 4wD(and 2WD) Camper Vans forum, and then the Ujor Build Thread sub forum. Look through there and you will find more ideas than any average persons wallet can handle. And you can do a general search in the 4WD forum and find a bunch more. Mine s in there under Belafonte' Reboot.

Pics. Pics, pics, pics. It's a mandatory requirement. :)

Do you have a full body side shot of yours? Curious about the compartment layouts.

EXPO365

Adventurer
Go to the 4wD(and 2WD) Camper Vans forum, and then the Ujor Build Thread sub forum. Look through there and you will find more ideas than any average persons wallet can handle. And you can do a general search in the 4WD forum and find a bunch more. Mine s in there under Belafonte' Reboot.

Pics. Pics, pics, pics. It's a mandatory requirement. :)

Do you have a full body side shot of yours? Curious about the compartment layouts.

I just finished pulling of all the lettering and stripes so I'll get some pics up tomorrow, it's the largest back they (MedTech) make, 7 outer compartments . The front light bar is halfway off also.

I just started using Google Sketchup and got the left wall copied so I can begging the new layout. Right side next.
463f016c4c9b907a785e868afbda3dbf.jpg

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
Nice looking rig, but I would think twice about blacking out the emergency lights.

By replacing the red lenses with clear, and a little wiring modification, they can be used in conjunction with the clear scene lights to add area lighting all the way around the vehicle, unless they are strobes. Very handy when you're setting up or breaking down camp at night.

EXPO365

Adventurer
Nice looking rig, but I would think twice about blacking out the emergency lights.

By replacing the red lenses with clear, and a little wiring modification, they can be used in conjunction with the clear scene lights to add area lighting all the way around the vehicle, unless they are strobes. Very handy when you're setting up or breaking down camp at night.

Thanks, they're all strobes for now, later on down the road I'll rewire them as flood lights and I'll replace all of the lenses. I'm mostly focused on the inside. It's my first build so im excited to get to work lol

patoz

Expedition Leader
Thanks, they're all strobes for now, later on down the road I'll rewire them as flood lights and I'll replace all of the lenses. I'm mostly focused on the inside. It's my first build so im excited to get to work lol

Gotcha! At least you have a nice looking rig, both inside and outside, to start with. That puts you way ahead to start with.

If you pull the stretcher mounting hardware, bracket, and lock bar out of there and don't want it any longer, shoot me a PM because I'm looking for a set.

EXPO365

Adventurer
Gotcha! At least you have a nice looking rig, both inside and outside, to start with. That puts you way ahead to start with.

If you pull the stretcher mounting hardware, bracket, and lock bar out of there and don't want it any longer, shoot me a PM because I'm looking for a set.

Will do for sure, the hardware is frozen so I gotta drill the screws. As soon as I get it all out I'll give you a shout, we don't need them

patoz

Expedition Leader
Will do for sure, the hardware is frozen so I gotta drill the screws. As soon as I get it all out I'll give you a shout, we don't need them

Hey thanks, I really appreciate that!

I believe those are case hardened bolts mounting those brackets to the floor, so your best bet may be cutting them from underneath with the blue wrench. I have brackets/sockets in mine and they are frozen also. They will need to come out when I replace the flooring, and then go back in, so a few spares will be good in case I mess one up in the process. What I don't have is everything above the floor level.

I'm looking for a stretcher also, but I need a particular model which is an older one.

EXPO365

Adventurer
Yea, I still haven't touched the in floor mount yet, I'm hoping my impact gun will crack them loose.

In about too start my fuel leak repair this weekend, then the interior work starts.

How's your build coming btw?

patoz

Expedition Leader
Slowly!

I'm just about to catch up on my around the house 'Spring Repairs' and trying to get back into it full speed. Somehow, it seems like all of your tools and part get shoved back in the shadows during the Winter time, and then in the Spring you have to find all of it a drag it back out.

Good luck with your fuel leak!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz