Front Runner fridge slide question

richmondbob

Adventurer
Does anyone have any experience with Front Runner's fridge slide? Seems to be the most affordable one out there at $267.
http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...l-fridge-slide-dual-locking.html#.VUj-bJOumVo

From their website:

This slide out tray offers easy access to a fridge (50L and smaller) and/or other stored gear with a low profile, rigid design.

A brilliant fridge slide system which makes accessing your fridge quick and simple while using minimal space. This revised design is more rigid and offers an improved dual clip latching mechanism.

• Mountable to any flat surface.
  • Mounting holes are predrilled.
  • High strength, sealed bearing drawer slides allows the tray to extend nearly 100% from the anchored base.
  • Unique design keeps the slide rattle free when closed.
  • A dual clip latch securely locks the drawer in the closed position.
  • Durable black powder coated steel finish (the same finish on the Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack and other Front Runner products).
  • Can have many other uses, like carrying tools, boxes, or other adventure gear.

front-runner-universal-40l-50l-fridge-slide-dual-locking-FSLI003-5.jpg

fireball

Explorer
I just built a very nice slide setup for an arb63. Materials cost $200. Accuride 500# locking slide some angle aluminum and a quarter sheet of 3/4" ply. Works way nicer than my arb slide I paid $360 for!

stioc

Expedition Leader
I looked into it a while ago and was also tempted due the cost and quality but ended up building my own because of the dimensions. It would've taken up almost half my precious trunk space. The one I built cost me $50 or so...and it shows lol

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I did home made in the Jeep when I built it. 1354571844124.jpg
The side slides were Knape & Vogt push/pull locking slides and the main drawer slides ware accuride dual locking. I loved that setup!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Do you think you could post some more detailed pics.. So it slides back and the forward portion with the fridge then slides out?
Is that a sink box on the right?

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/125658-My-2006-LJOE?highlight=ljoe

Its just another storage box. If you go to my profile page there are a lot of pictures in my albums.
The main drawer slides out then the fridge slides left and the second drawer slides right. A 3 burner partner steel stove nests beneath and can be lifted out if needed.

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
Thanks, thought I'd seen how you did it, just nice to understand. I've got everything for the back of my truck, but I'm
just overwhelmed with ideas as to how to finish it. J

richmondbob

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies. Fireball, took a look at the thread you linked and there's alot of positive feedback on the Frontrunner slide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94