Ridgid storage boxes

Dennx

Adventurer
I came across these online. There's 3 different sizes and they can stack and latch together.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-22-...obileweb_pip_rr-2-_-205440481-_-205440492-_-N

a80c7b94-e822-46d4-8e7d-52d4d54b61d8_400.jpg

yeos

Observer
I bought one of the small boxes to store my recovery strap, shackles, and tire plug kit. I'm going to see if my MV50 air compressor will fit inside one of those as well.

joelwho

Adventurer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431199442.923803.jpg

I bought two medium and one small. They lock together. I store recovery gear, air compressor, jack stand and other miscellaneous kit in them.

yeos

Observer
I ended up buying a medium to go along with my small box. I put my recovery gear (two recovery straps, shackles, jumper cables) into the medium box and there is lots of room left for more gear. I then loaded up the small box with my MV50 air compressor with hose & accessories & tire plug kit. Provides me quick access to the compressor as compared to the bag it came with when I need to air back up. The only down side is that I cannot fit them under my Bak Flip G2 tonneau cover when the small & medium are stacked on top of each other. I may pick up another small box to store tools.

zelatore

Explorer
I picked up a large and 3 mediums to play with. Used them on a week long trip and they seem to be working out well. Right now I have my camping gear in the large box, food and kitchen kit in 2 of the medium boxes, and tools and spares in the 3rd medium. My rig has room for another medium box if I wanted to add it as well. My only issue so far has been the reinforcing ribs of the lids eat up a fair bit of room, so I may have to explore options to get rid of those. Also the keeper for one of the wheels on the large box came off and went AWOL, so the wheel can slide off the axle if you're rolling it around. I was actually going to ditch the wheels all together since they just waste space, but the wife liked them for when the tent isn't near the truck.
I also looked at the DeWalt boxes and thought they were better built, but also at a higher price. Since I did this as an experiment I decided to go with the cheaper Ridgid boxes and I'm pretty happy with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94