109 Custom build up.

overlander

Expedition Leader
Thanks. i was hoping you found a source for series and defender long range tanks in the US. no worries.

Harald Hansen

Explorer
Standard issue on the Norwegian Land Rovers were two under-seat tanks.

(I'm Norwegian, reserve military and a Land Rover fan... :) )

DCH109

Adventurer
Harald Hansen said:
Standard issue on the Norwegian Land Rovers were two under-seat tanks.

(I'm Norwegian, reserve military and a Land Rover fan... :) )

109 FFR's as well? Someone else mentioned their 109 had the same fuel tank. Mine has the front under the seat and that aluminum one in the rear.
Just wondering and thanks for the info.
It has been hard to find out much about it other than the release papers i have.

DCH109

Adventurer
Thanks Harald

So no new progress this weekend. Mothers day and all. I will be fabing up the engine mounts and setting up the axles this week and weekend so i will have more pics soon.
It feels good to start the buildup.

cumminsrover

Glad to see you've made at least some progress! Too bad there wasn't time to put on the new rear crossmember before you picked it up :(

I have made some as well, but it has been kind of rough getting the shop back together since I moved right after you picked up the chassis, and you also had the same problem....

Patrick

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
This looks to be a great build. I'm not a fan of the 350, but other than that it sounds great. So is this a Pick-up style body? Looking at the removed rear tub I don't see a pass-through, but a front wall?? Can't wait to see more of this build as it progresses.

Cheers

Dave

Thoma_s

All the way from norway

This will be a nice Land Rover.

How goes it with your project?

How is it that you got a car all the way from Norway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles