Miller Motorsports Announcement

peneumbra

Explorer
So it appears that Miller is severing its ties with the Tooele facilities - this year will be the last time the Cruiserfest will be held there.

Will the Museum itself be relocated? Anyone have any ideas where C-Fest will go? Where would YOU (yes, you) like to see it move to?

Box Rocket

Future locations for CruiserFest have not been determined, but the event will continue. The Land Cruiser Heritage Museum already has a new home in downtown Salt Lake City. It hasn't been moved yet but the move should be complete by Cruiserfest 2015 from what I've heard.

I've heard rumors of some really cool other announcements happening at CruiserFest this year so with all of these changes and announcements, this is not one to miss if you're considering going. Should be a great one.

peneumbra

Explorer
I'll be there! It was so much fun last year that I wanted to leave and then come in again, just for the thrill of seeing all those Cruisers.

Be really cool if it was held a little south of the SLC area (like, maybe, Escalante? Kanab? OK, how 'bout Hanksville?)

mph

Expedition Leader
Hanksville would be a hoot:)

I'll be there! It was so much fun last year that I wanted to leave and then come in again, just for the thrill of seeing all those Cruisers.

Be really cool if it was held a little south of the SLC area (like, maybe, Escalante? Kanab? OK, how 'bout Hanksville?)

Box Rocket

Contact the event committee and tell them you'll lead a run that comes in from Escalante. :) Wouldn't hurt to have another trail run.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
CruiserFest and the LCHM can, shall and will move forward. I can assure you both will be bigger & better than ever. Alternative CruiserFest event sites have been discussed since the first CF in 2009 and continue to be discussed currently, rest assured we'll get something organized. ;)

CruiserFest 2015 shall not be missed. Mark your calendars!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie

Well if you are going maybe I should make an effort and just jump in behind you around Flagstaff.
SLC is a haul but more fun with someone to chat with on the radio and maybe camp in route going/coming back.

peneumbra

Explorer
YES! We'll divide the cigars between vehicles (to prevent overload) and head off on the trail. Scott Brady will hopefully lead another tour, maybe this time completely in reverse...

peneumbra

Explorer
It would be a real shame if nobody takes over that Speedway - particularly if it gets demolished to put up a lot of crappy houses (anyone remember Ontario Motor Speedway?)

I was thinking that someone, such as, oh... Scott Brady, for instance! Could lease the place out and let us all use it on occasion...

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
so there will be no museum for cruiserfest? that's part of the allure is checking out the sexy eye candy!

Not only will there be a museum and of course proper museum tours, it will be at a bigger and better museum with over a dozen new museum quality additions since CF14 :cool:

peneumbra

Explorer
The gov'mint folks over in Tooele are looking for someone to take over the lease and operate the Speedway. I think it would be a perfect fit for Scott and the Journal crew - plenty of office space and no parking issues...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94