Suburban Exhaust Fan

PolarrrBearrr

If you are planning on going with that vent fan, there is no way you will be able to tap into the ductwork in the headliner. (I wish you had posted this in the fall, before I put the headliner in so I could post a picture). The ducts are relatively small, and according to that description, you will need to cut a 6 1/2" hole, which is larger than the ducting.

If you are planning on going with these fans, my suggestion would be to locate that flattest spot in the headliner (probably above the center of the second or third row of seats) and cut a hole through the roof and the headliner. In my headliner, there are vents facing the people in the third row, as well as a set that faces that second row. I believe they are connected along the edges of the headliner, since I have vents there as well (just above the second row doors). They are all connected to the main plastic duct coming in through the c-pillar.

You can either put in one or two - one over each side seat in the second row, or, one over the center seat and one over the third row center seat. If you put in two, it will allow one to pull and one to push air, if you had to (or wanted to) close the windows. Not sure how they are going to affect your ability to strap things to the roof, but hopefully they are low profile enough that you can still use the roof rack if you need, as well as no one noticing them from the ground.

Lykos

Super Trucker
I've given up on the plumbing into the HVAC vents idea. It was ok.on thought but not application.

I'm thinking this vent over where the third row seats would be is a good idea. I'll need to.drop my headliner to confirm it won't interfere with the HVAC ductwork.

Thanks for.all the replies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles