A fabricators 80 series build. Starting with the front bumper

RDC76

Adventurer
Before. So you don't have to go back to the beginning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 83

RDC76

Adventurer
VERY NICE. very innovative! "The People" are going to want these. Way to think outside the box.

Thank you!! I've tried to make it as clean and functional as possible. Based on feedback I've been getting I will be offering these for sale for those interested. I still have some more small features to work out But this is what I got done tonight. Welded the hoop and wing supports in. And cut the winch riser plates so the mounting heads of the winch will be recessed and out of harms way.
The 1x1 tube in the pic is only there for support while welding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

RDC76

Adventurer
Wing supports. The driver side is recessed in more than the passenger to allow room for the A/C dryer to be tucked up until I or anyone that buys a bumper has time/money to relocate it properly. The a/c should not be run with the dryer in this location.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 84

RDC76

Adventurer
And the winch risers. So the heads of the mounting bolts are protected and the bottom is flush.there will be holes in the bottom plate to fit a socket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

RDC76

Adventurer
And a close up of how the Prolink fits. The top and bottom of the pockets match the contour of the Prolink to minimize possible wear on the link and the sides of the pockets are 1/4 round to give a nice surface for the soft shackle to be used for angular pulls. Or if one wants to keep the Prolink shiny and new just use the soft shackle all the time. As it was designed to be used with/on the Prolink by bubba rope.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 74

zelatore

Explorer
I'm very impressed. It's obvious you know your way around a welder!

Not that I'm ever going to be in the market for a 'yota part, but what sort of guestimate would you give for a price on a bumper like this? Mostly I just want to know so I can cry about how expensive (and few) the options are for a late-model Rover.... :)

faded

That would have to be one of, if not THE nicest design I have seen for an 80 series bar, very nice, wish I had your skills!

RDC76

Adventurer
I'm very impressed. It's obvious you know your way around a welder!

Not that I'm ever going to be in the market for a 'yota part, but what sort of guestimate would you give for a price on a bumper like this? Mostly I just want to know so I can cry about how expensive (and few) the options are for a late-model Rover.... :)

Thank you. I don't just make yota parts. I'll build anything. I was just commissioned by a land rover specialty shop in my area to build a custom roof rack system for a soft top defender 90 from you side of the country. It's what I do for a living.and in two weeks I'm doing an under body resto on a 74 Alfa Romeo. It's tough to throw a number out. I've never done an lr3. I don't know whats behind all your plastic. And depends on the level of detail. But to throw a number , 1500. Give or take.

RDC76

Adventurer
That would have to be one of, if not THE nicest design I have seen for an 80 series bar, very nice, wish I had your skills!

This is the best comment I've received period. Just even based on your location. Lol. You have all the best yotas. And the coolest gear. Thank you!

RDC76

Adventurer
I've done a bunch more work and just about finished the bumper. It's late and ill post the build/detail pics later but here is the almost finished product.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 82

RDC76

Adventurer
Another . Note the custom machined bottle opener and the stainless steel attachment points.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 94

RDC76

Adventurer
Some other close ups. All of the unpainted bits are stainless steel.the bottle opener is completely stainless. After paint I polished the machined lip to bring out the stainless.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Forum statistics