Best Awning?

Javelinadave

Adventurer
I am shopping for an awning for my adventure trailer and could use a little help. I am trying to keep it under $500 for starters and am considering and ARB 2000. I saw a YouTube video and it looked like a PITA to set it up. Please throw out the good, bad and the ugly. I only want to buy this once. Is there something better?
Thanks,
Dave

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
ARB is nice for the price point aspect. Its slightly more complicated than some of the more pricey competition. It basically depends on what you're looking for as far as functionality. I myself have a bit of a love affair with Eezi Awn products. Ive also owned a couple of Hannibal Awnings as well. Another great product but it limits adjustability. The ability to add walls is also nice. My first ARB had the mosquito netting and now they offer the wall lit, too.

Just do your homework and ask around. You'll get a lot of differing opinions. If $500 is your max, ARB, Ironman or maybe even CVT is where to focus your search. Sometimes you can get lucky and pick up the high dollar ones used for a good deal, too! ;)

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I got the ARB. Works great. But you are right, setting it up by yourself is not that easy... I believe CVT is the exact same construction/material. For the price point it's a great investment. For us, having a rain shelter makes camping less into a misery trip ;-)

Dusty Grin

Observer
Eezi Awn has one here now. I'm waiting for the review from Paul May at Equipt1. I doubt it will be much cheaper but I hope so. I want a "no leg" awning as well. My Awning has the cumbersome leg setup (if you're doing alone in a downpour)

luckychucky

b678e88925daec799319272293fa0efa.jpg
it works! RV junkyard take it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rockkayak

I don't know about best, but I just got a smittybilt awning off amazon for under $170 and I love it. Easy to set up and mounts to my garvin expedition roof rack.

Attachments

• 10983245_10204211489748110_5808581781849920897_n.jpg
    10983245_10204211489748110_5808581781849920897_n.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 161

fireball

Explorer
I can setup my ARB by myself. It is much easier and quicker if my wife or someone else helps. Same goes for packing it up, doable solo but quicker with a helper.

I'm really happy with mine considering the price paid. I also like that in non-windy conditions it can be unrolled and down in 30s and packed back up in under a minute. This means we use it a lot more often on trips, for quick lunch stops, little breaks, etc. Was seriously considering a foxwing for the larger coverage area and coverage over the tailgate area, but the extra setup time (and price tag!) turned me off.

My wife also really likes the support poles of the ARB as they make for a nice clothesline!

awning.jpg

arla

Observer
I also got the ARB and am really happy with the set up. It has poles which makes it a little bit challenging to setup specially in windy conditions. But for the price point it's well worth the money. And I will buy it again definitely. uploadfromtaptalk1431407616965.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431407684018.jpg

jrose609

Explorer
I have both a Hannibal 2m and a 1.4m. I really like how they lack support legs and guy wires. Very easy to set up and take down by yourself. The Hannibal awnings are very tough. I think they would stand up to all but the worst weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior