Best Awning?

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
We just recently released in the states our new awnings from James Baroud. They feature the same acrylic coated, six layer aluminized polyester fabric as our roof top tents and also have a "no bag" design that drastically reduces the space needed to mount the awning.

3EFBD324-44B9-4A81-BFEC-CB2E672EC9D2_zpsgnluqyve.jpg

awning2_zpszagnaijy.jpg

DaJudge

Explorer
We just recently released in the states our new awnings from James Baroud. They feature the same acrylic coated, six layer aluminized polyester fabric as our roof top tents and also have a "no bag" design that drastically reduces the space needed to mount the awning.

3EFBD324-44B9-4A81-BFEC-CB2E672EC9D2_zpsgnluqyve.jpg

awning2_zpszagnaijy.jpg

How about hosting your videos somewhere other than Instagram? I don't know why so many vendors just assume that everyone has an Instagram or Facebook account. It is lazy!

rino

How about hosting your videos somewhere other than Instagram? I don't know why so many vendors just assume that everyone has an Instagram or Facebook account. It is lazy!

Haha sorry about that, we are currently working on a large update to the site. Stay calm :)

fireball

Explorer
Can we get some photos of what that awning looks like all closed up?

The chief job of my awning 99.99% of the time is to just look cool all rolled up mounted on the side of my rig :)

rino

Can we get some photos of what that awning looks like all closed up?

The chief job of my awning 99.99% of the time is to just look cool all rolled up mounted on the side of my rig :)

Haha no doubt! :safari-rig:
70852956-CF7C-47DF-8FAA-D90D36D6BF3D_zpsg2yeq3jc.jpg

BDK9

Fiamma F65 S

I just ordered the Fiamma F65 S. It will be mounted to the roof rack on my van. I will post some pics as soon as it's on. A bit pricey, so I hope it is worth it! Anyone else using this model?

Attachments

• 20141219_164827.jpg
    20141219_164827.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 73

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I have a total of three awnings
  1. Fiamma F35 mounted on the trailer
  2. ARB 8 footer mounted on the truck's rack, an earlier version of the current model 2500
  3. A small SmittyBilt Jeep awning called the Trail Shade

The Fiamma is hands down the best built and easiest to deploy.
For the money the ARB gives good construction, lots of shade and if you practice can be set up alone
The SmittyBilt is an inexpensive and quick solution to provide some modest shade. Construction is decent.

Some folks simply use a rugged tarp and some painter's poles, similar to the SmittyBilt. This solution lacks the side horizontal bars that act as a frame that the higher end solutions provide.

Any sort of awning is great for rainy conditions so easy deployment is nice

IMG_1919-1.jpg

Dusty Grin

Observer
i think maybe they are putting the videos together now. I'm waiting for both the eezi-awn swift video and Baroud awning video. I want a simple to deploy awning for one person in harsh weather. I'm not that stoked about fumbling with legs and buttons at dusk in the rain. At this point Hannibal may be my best solution but spendy. I'll wait a little bit longer before I pull the trigger though.

Drover

Adventurer
I have had three awnings, arb and 2 eezi awn , this is by far my favorite.
image.jpg
Set up time, 60 secs

concretejungle

Adventurer
I just pulled the trigger on an ARB awning.

I agree that the setup alone is a bit of a pain in the butt. I'm sure i'll get better with it, but it's still awkward.

I really wanted the fox wing but thought it was too flimsy and i kept reading warning after warning about setting it up alone with even a slight breeze could rip it apart if you don't get it staked out in time. So that made me nervous.

Doing it over again, i would probably look harder at the foxwing.

Dusty Grin

Observer
Agreed about the foxwing. I've often woke up in the middle of the night to the sounds of heavy wind gusts. I would feel uncomfortable leaving it up all night in the winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online