NEW MEMBER SOCAL/SAN FERNANDO VALLEY AREA

Obetski

Observer
I picked one off ebay.(actually it's a gift from my wife :wings: ) $249 with free shipping 12000lbs. looks like all the other generic winches. (just like the ones from harbor freight tools).
My local metal fabricator will take care of the frame mount. I'll be installing the winch behind the stock bumper as well.
I'll be taking pictures of the build. I'm hoping to get this done over the Memorial Day weekend.

Ya take a pic and post it here. I want to see the outcome, thanks.

That looks terrific. What do you think of the ride?

Thank you. I actually like it better compared to the stock. I'm expecting from what I heard it'll be stiff but for me it's just great.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Nice Monty!!

What are the specs on the tires?

How does it ride with the lift and tires?

Is the truck pretty slow now with the tall tires?

Obetski

Observer
Nice Monty!!

What are the specs on the tires?

How does it ride with the lift and tires?

Is the truck pretty slow now with the tall tires?

Thank you. 285/65/18

I love the ride...alot better than the stock. I forgot the power when it was stock tires. I'm ok with the torque, I can always do manual shifting. I'd day the only time I need to do manual shifting is when I'm entering the freeway on ramp. Besides that I'm contented.

Look up the Puma 12v compressors! They are awesome.

Great, I'll check it out. Thank you.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
What should I look for when I shop around a compressor?
It's all about CFM and duty cycle. For example a Viair 450 is 100% duty cycle (continuously blows air), but the CFM rating is slower than the 400. I owned both at one point, and the 400 filled my tires markedly faster than the 450.

jhill15

Explorer
Holy crap I don't know how I missed this thread! Great looking rig Obetski!!! You aren't messing around at all!!! No i gotta pick your brain lol. How long have you owned your monty? Did you use wheel spacers to get your tires to stick out that far or is that just from having 285's? Where did you score the spoiler and snorkel?

Thanks man!

Obetski

Observer
I love my ARB twin!

I saw that, can you install that under the hood? Pricey though huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all about CFM and duty cycle. For example a Viair 450 is 100% duty cycle (continuously blows air), but the CFM rating is slower than the 400. I owned both at one point, and the 400 filled my tires markedly faster than the 450.

So is the Viair400 is 100% Duty Cycle too? So per your experience, the 400 is better than the 450. right?

Thank you man.

Holy crap I don't know how I missed this thread! Great looking rig Obetski!!! You aren't messing around at all!!! No i gotta pick your brain lol. How long have you owned your monty? Did you use wheel spacers to get your tires to stick out that far or is that just from having 285's? Where did you score the spoiler and snorkel?

Thanks man!

Thank you sir.

I bought it October 2013.

No wheel spacer or anything like that. It's 18x9 offset 0 then just tires that I specified.

The spoiler and the snorkel (Pajero Embossed) I got it from Australia.

photo nomad

Adventurer
So is the Viair400 is 100% Duty Cycle too? So per your experience, the 400 is better than the 450. right?

Thank you man.

Thank you sir.

I bought it October 2013.

No wheel spacer or anything like that. It's 18x9 offset 0 then just tires that I specified.

The spoiler and the snorkel (Pajero Embossed) I got it from Australia.

ARB twin can definitely be installed under the hood. Also, I bought mine from 4wheelonline.com, no taxes and free shipping. I paid 420, but it looks like it's up to 480 now. It's 100% duty cycle, can run air lockers, air tools and air up your tires.

Obetski

Observer
ARB twin can definitely be installed under the hood. Also, I bought mine from 4wheelonline.com, no taxes and free shipping. I paid 420, but it looks like it's up to 480 now. It's 100% duty cycle, can run air lockers, air tools and air up your tires.

I just decided to get Viair 450, I think that should be ok. Thanks for the information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior