Post your motorcycle trailers with RTTs

cr500taco

Adventurer
Thinking of getting either a 4x6 or 4X7 utility trailer to haul two dirt bikes (one bike, most of the time) and put an RTT on it. The plan is to keep the trailer small because I will be pulling it with my 97 Tacoma and also, use the trailer as an off road trailer to haul gear on trails, when I won't be taking the bikes. I have seen a few utility trailers hauling bikes with RTTs on google images, but they were 5' wide trailers. Just want to see what you guys have come up with.

Ironhead Jed

subscribing as this is my plan as well.

i've been researching linear actuators to raise and lower the rtt rack to keep the cog low while in motion, yet allow the annex to be setup while camping

cr500taco

Adventurer
subscribing as this is my plan as well.

i've been researching linear actuators to raise and lower the rtt rack to keep the cog low while in motion, yet allow the annex to be setup while camping

I have heard about that and am considering trying to do the same.

avlfj40

I have started a design for this very trailer in solid works. My goal is to make the frame for the rtt lift via gas springs and be easily removed for use as a utility trailer around the house. Once I have the rtt frame modeled I'll post up some pics for discussion.

TheSweatyButcher

Adventurer
P1020737.jpg

227243_10150190253208050_259369998049_6960082_5676250_n.jpg

I really like this setup for 1 bike. Found this in the post your trailer thread.

Last edited:

dcg141

Adventurer
I am having a trailer built to haul bikes with an RTT on top. It should be ready in a couple of weeks. I told the guy building it to hold on to the build sheet. Its definatly going to be a different kind of trailer. Mine is going to be 5x10 because I wanted to be able to haul 2 bikes. But this company can build it to any size you want. 5 feet so it fits behind my Jeep Liberty and 10 foot so 2 bikes can be staggered to fit the 5 foot width. I asked alot of guys about the RTT trailer idea and always got strange looks. I called several trailer companies and got the brush off, then I found someone willing to build it, all aluminium to boot.

Last edited:

cr500taco

Adventurer
I am having a trailer built to haul bikes with an RTT on top. It should be ready in a couple of weeks. I told the guy building it to hold on to the build sheet. Its definatly going to be a different kind of trailer. Mine is going to be 5x10 because I wanted to be able to haul 2 bikes. But this company can build it to any size you want. 5 feet so it fits behind my Jeep Liberty and 10 foot so 2 bikes can be staggered to fit the 5 foot width. I asked alot of guys about the RTT trailer idea and always got strange looks. I called several trailer companies and got the brush off, then I found someone willing to build it, all aluminium to boot.

Intrigued. Keep us posted. Do u have a copy of the build sheet that you can post?

dcg141

Adventurer
The start of my RTT /motorcycle trailer.

trailer 4.jpg

trailer 3.jpg
The side box is for a tool chest
trailer 2.jpg
V shaped box not installed yet
trailer 5.jpg
Still have not decided on a tie down system yet

dcg141

Adventurer
That is awesome and almost exactly what I would want for my next one, with the exception of the toolbox area moved inside, and the box you have turned into an outdoor kitchen. Nice job and please continue to show the updates here or on a build thread.

Don

-

Thx I will take some pics with the tent installed..still have not made up my mind with RTT I'm going to get.

hansrober

Adventurer
Very nice trailer and bike! I love those KTMs.
Heres a picture of mine. These are from last year though, I have been slacking on the pictures the last few times out.
20140509_225224_resized.jpgDSC03562-640x425.jpg20131006_091713.jpg20131006_091713.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles