Alaska to Argentina

R.G.

Dime Trucker
Lots of pictures, and don't have to strict a schedule, or plan. Some of the most fun I have had on trips is getting temporarily misplaced (lost) or taking a random turn.

XJSoldier

Agree with R.G. Your route should be general in nature. Also, I would go through southeastern Utah and the Moab area (Arches, Canyonlands, Needles, etc), then the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Give yourself some time to play/enjoy that area. Point Sublime off of the a north rim is spectacular - there are also dispersed camping sites on the North Rim worth checking out and staying at. I just requested to follow you on FB. How about tips for those of us who might consider shipping our vehicle to NZ? Cost, timing, other tips?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
You should run the Ca coast vs stoping at the border. At least North coast / lost coast as far South as Mendocino. Then cut across to the Sierras.

HelWei

yes a lot of.
We where there: 1 year N-America, 2 years in S-America and now back in N-America, ready for Australia.

1 all people are very friendly and helpful
2 speaking Spanish would it make much easier: in Brasil Portugies, but Spanish works also sometimes
3 you get all stuff you need: oil, gas, diesel, tools, help ........
4 wonderfull, fresh eating, all the way in S/C-America, sometimes also in USA/CDN
5 dont go in danger areas. We dont had any problems, but other have told us about terrible things
6 we camped not free, only in "campAreas", sometimes secured by the owner (locking the gate) ore in C-America by Security
7 put all gear inside your car, avoiding quick take aways.
8 Secure your Front doors, putting a strap between the 2 doors from your backroom.
9 secure your wheels and gastank
10 take GPS maps from openstreet http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/
11 sometimes it is better to give a "donation" to the policeman, than having much trouble
12 Cross the border only on Sunday - no truck traffic and easy go (1 hour).

and happy traveling

If you need more infos, email me

NoDinero

Adventurer
Give me a shout if you get to Colorado. I may even drive the west coast down to Panama starting 1 November. I've done 6 trips into Mexico, 29 of 30 states plus Belize and into Guatemala.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke