Hannibal tents and awning group buy..?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Since the hannibal dealer here in the USA has disappeared..AGAIN.. I spoke to the owner of hannibal South Africa and I am buying a tent and rack from him, he agreed that if I wanted to put together a group buy on hannibal equipment we could get a discount on them, and save on shipping... Sooooo, if there is something you want from hannibal let me or Jacques (hannibal South Africa) know and we can see what we can do...
Shayne...

badfysh

Adventurer
The problem with Hannibal is the price. $6xx, $7xx $9xx for an awning is CRAZY.

What kind of discount? I really want an awning for my truck, actually two, but I dont think I could ever justify that price point.

So, how much for the 2.4M and 1.4M (small and large size) shipped to 91001?

SoCal_80

Explorer
The problem with Hannibal is the price. $6xx, $7xx $9xx for an awning is CRAZY.

What kind of discount? I really want an awning for my truck, actually two, but I dont think I could ever justify that price point.

So, how much for the 2.4M and 1.4M (small and large size) shipped to 91001?

I have owned two Hannibal awnings with changing rooms,a Hannibal tent and a their roof rack. High quality and you definitely get what you pay for!

badfysh

Adventurer
I had a Hannibal RTT on my disco at one point, and I also had a full Hannibal setup, RTT, awning, rack on my old RRC.

I agree they are nice. But very expensive was my point. So expensive I would never buy their stuff retail. Shade is free. I don't need it for $1000.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
Group buys on readily available types of products are not allowed on ExPo unless they are coordinated by a Supporting Sponsor of the site.

Roof Top Tents and Awnings are readily available on the market and from retailers and manufacturers that are existing Supporting Sponsors of Expedition Portal.

So, unfortunately this group buy will need to be taken down.
Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Brian

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Yeah, good luck trying to get something from a distributor who doesn't return phone calls and is publicly stating that they are no longer going to be a distributor...they messed me around on an awning for over a year... If I had to use them I would definitely not be using hannibal..

Dusty Grin

Observer
Could someone point me to a vendor who stocks Hannibal awnings and enclosures then? I'm about ready to buy one. I'm in Portland.
Thanks

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I used to tell people that these things are an investment! They hold their value well and demand always exceeds supply!! Especially after suppliers drop out....
Good luck everybody..... you all COULD still do a group buy via other channels of communication or on a forum that may allow such activity?

H

High Country Nomads

Not trying to derail this conversation, and since I already have a good RTT tent and awning set up I really have no need. However, I work for a South African Freight Forwarder here in Colorado and can help you all with the container piece if you do a Group Buy. I've already done so with a sponsor for this website and it went smoothly. Just find a central location inland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior