FUSO FG Seats?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
The biggest challenge is finding air suspension bases that are small enough / low enough profile to fit in the cabover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dlh62c

Explorer
Welcome to Expedition Portal!

I checked out your Facebook page and I do like your camper build. It looks like you've modified a standard cargo body to meet your needs. More details would be great.

Last edited:

kerry

Expedition Leader
Knoedler extreme low rider seems like a nice seat that would probably work. I have a Stratos.

pdx2ptg

Dlh62c, I will be posting loads more photos of the build. Yes it is a dry freight body.

Thank you Kerry, I will check Stratos out. What model do you you have? Do you have air suspension under your seats?

I am considering a plusher seat and forgo the air suspension, for better visibility & more headroom....

Thank you for your suggestions :)

kerry

Expedition Leader
I wouldn't recommend the Stratos. Not sure you can even find them in the USA. I happened to find a cheap new one on Ebay, imported from Australia but never used. It's not air. My wife likes the OE bench passenger seat. I might have been happy with the OE driver's seat had I replaced the shocks and added the Aeon rubbers before I put in the Stratos. When I bought mine I drove it across country with 90lbs of air in all the tires, poor shocks and no Aeons. Also no load apart from the service body. I have cervical spine issues and my neck was really sore on that trip, hence my decision to add a suspension seat and have something other than my spine take the shock load.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I wouldn't recommend the Stratos.

I would second that.
To be honest, the Stratos seat is better than the OEM one, but I do not believe that they worth anything near the price they charge for them.
My biggest gripe with the Stratos is the poor build quality and finish, so at over $2K each they are very disappointing.. I call them my K-Mart seats.

kerry

Expedition Leader
I would second that.
To be honest, the Stratos seat is better than the OEM one, but I do not believe that they worth anything near the price they charge for them.
My biggest gripe with the Stratos is the poor build quality and finish, so at over $2K each they are very disappointing.. I call them my K-Mart seats.

Holy crap! I only paid $300 or so for mine and I thought it was overpriced.

blackduck

Explorer
Welcome to the wonderful world of Australian pricing...

that would be OVER pricing Owen
stupid thing is they are made in NSW
or at least they were when i went to the factory to pick some up for my cruiser
not bad in the landy - pretty good on the bad back
wouldnt put them in the FG though
was looking at a set of recaro's some time ago
but then the truck got put on the back burner when we stopped travelling

Maninga

Adventurer
We plan on putting in a set of modified Recaro's. They won't have a suspension mount, but we figure a comfortable seat that fits us well is better than the Stratos which has the suspension but we dislike. I could live with the standard drivers seat, but no way Heather could live with the bench seat for more than a few hours.

pdx2ptg

I found a really nice low ride seat designed for a semi-truck, I think that it will work if I take the air suspension off it.

I'll go back to Kenworth Trucks, here in Portland, next week and see if they will let me test fit it.... Then invest in the overall ride of the truck.

What have you done to improve the ride of your FUSO?

Thank you!

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Yep, seconded on loading and air pressure.

Also, having just gotten back from OvEx and about a thousand miles of driving, the National seats worked OK.

If I had done it with more info, I might well have just gone with the National seat bases, and added a standard seat on them, possibly something like a stock Ford pickup bucket seat. The ability to modify the amount of travel the seat has turned out to be a very nice thing, however the functions that the seat itself has....meh. Not so much. I don't use any of the air bladder functions, actually find them fairly uncomfortable. Primarily due to the fact that it feels like the air bladders are balloons that have been stuffed into the seat foam, and not actually form fitted units. The National seats, by the way, are actually built by Bostrum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier