The little Freightliner that could

flylow4500

Observer
I'm starting a pretty cool project that you guys might find interesting. It has a 470hp DD13 and a Allison 4500rds. A front drive axle and two speed transfer case are being installed now.

Last edited:

wayno

Very nice! Can I ask where you sourced those tires and rims, they look great.

Thanks,
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flylow4500

Observer
The wheels are Hutchinson with internal beadlock and run flat rings.

A 30k# Braden hydraulic winch will be mounted on the front and any extra frame will be cut off. The rear of the truck is also getting the same winch both with 185' of 3/4" MasterPull superline XD with a breaking strength of 81k#.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Man it's like reading at 'Garage Journal', there you are, fiddling with your little mods, feeling satisfied with your work, and then something comes along like an atom bomb and blows everything away.

Observer
Very cool. The extra front frames usually house hydraulic pumps that are driven with a short Jack shaft off the front damper. Cement trucks and garbage trucks often have them hanging out front.

flylow4500

Observer
153624- you are correct. This truck will have a front pto pump for the winches. The pump for the knuckle boom crane will be transmission mounted.

wayno

Can you get a picture of one of the old wheels and tires rolled along side of the new mounted ones for a size comparison? That would be great, and it really looks fantastic so far!

flylow4500

Observer
The truck is a long way away at this time. I can take take picture at some point. A standard size for a big truck 41.8" tall and these tires are 46" tall.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke