fold-down rear bench in '02 Ford E-350?

onsight512

Has anyone done this modification/retrofit? At the moment our van has two Toyota Sienna seats as the row behind the driver/front passenger row, and nothing in the back.

We would like to add a rear bench, but would love it to fold flat like they did way back when. We'd also like it to have a 'quick release' mechanism. We will not always want it back there and it'd be great if I didn't have to bolt/unbolt it.

A big ask, I know, but does anyone know a fabricator that'd be able to do this sort of thing? I'm in Southern California.

thanks,
Chris

radorsch

Adventurer
I'd be interested in this too. I've see several reclining bench seat, but they don't go flat. I've seen RV bench seats that fold flat in to a bed, but they all bolt in. The chateau seats that have the power reclining mechanism seem neat,but I don't think they are something you can easily pop out. I'd love a "Manual" version of the chateau bed benches that use the existing mounting feet/brackets.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Well I remember from about 20 years ago my grandparents aerostar had manual reclining bench seats that folded flat. Yet to see a set in the junkyard though.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Chris, what part of so cal? I have a friend that does custom fabricating in simi. Pm I will send his contact info

philos

Explorer
I just saw about 4-5 in various states at the junkyards on Penrose off the 5 and on Pendleton off of Glenoaks. Some in Fords, others in other makes. You could get one that's a little rough and have it reupholstered over at Nacho's for not a lot of cash.
I'm in Tujunga and grew up in Burbank...

Acheateaux

Adventurer
I've got an old power bench seat from a Toyota sienna, tan leather. I cut the portion off that extends out the back, but it's an easy weld back on. I'm not using it and could be talked into letting it go.

It's in CO.

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
I found one in pick n pull awhile back and it works ok for short weekend trips, but it is not comfortable for anything longer then that. I have been using my van to live in during the week for work. I ended up building a platform and bought a real mattress. Night and day difference a lot more comfortable then a hotel bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles