New Red Wing 10875 Review Starting

4runnerteq

Explorer
New RW 10875 moc toe. I had a whole intro done up and my freaking log in timed out when I hit the "post" button. I hate when that happens. Ive been on the fence about buying these for months and months. Ordered from the local RW store because I boot I wanted not stocked.Measures on 3 devices for a 12B. Felt a bit large when tried on. Saleman "assured" me that RW has a 30 day comfort guarantee. Wore them 3 days. Thats as long as I could take it. Heels were starting to blister. Called the saleman to tell jim and guess what? He said, no problem, would you like to try a 11.5B. He ordered them, came in a week later and they fit nearly perfect out of the box. no hassle, no questions. Oiled them up with some mink oil and they seem to be getting better each day. More to come as we go. Dont want to time out again. I hate that.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432169937.228010.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432169954.511121.jpg

Last edited:

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Nice buy! Be interested to see how they hold up.

I've always thought they were such a classy looking boot. The kind of thing you could wear while trudging over muddy terrain, the clean off and wear to a dinner party.

4runnerteq

Explorer
1 week of wearing every day. Breaking in nicely. Forming to feet well. Have one foot that's a little funky. May have to see if a cobbler can stretch just one small spot to be 100% . No fault of the boot. All my shoes fit the one foot funky and I just live with it.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
1 week of wearing every day. Breaking in nicely. Forming to feet well. Have one foot that's a little funky. May have to see if a cobbler can stretch just one small spot to be 100% . No fault of the boot. All my shoes fit the one foot funky and I just live with it.

That's probably because one of your feet is bigger. I have one size 11.5 foot and one size 12 foot.

4runnerteq

Explorer
Yep. The 12 is to big on both of them. And the 11.5 is just a little tight on one. I need a 11.75 Lol. Inserts only take up volume, not length. I'm gonna keep oiling every day, maybe it will give enough. If not I will see if I can get it stretched a little.

4runnerteq

Explorer
Breaking in niceley. Cleaned an oiled again today. Still think i may have to have one toe box stretched just a bit. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432589531.797314.jpg

doug720

Expedition Leader
I have worn these boots for almost 40 years, and they are great. Comfortable, very much so. Oil them well, wear them off and on, and they will mold them selves to your feet.

I always have two pairs that I rotate, the older pair is for wet conditions. The soles are soft, which is good and bad. They wear kind of fast, but offer good traction for the most part. They can be resoled, but I seldom do this anymore. The leather in newer boots just does not seem to have the same strength as the my older pairs. I have a pair that is over 25 years old that was boxed in a move and forgotten. I found them a couple years ago. They fit perfect and are much nicer than my current boots. The leather is thicker, stitching thread is a better quality, and fit and finish of the parts looks better.

I still but them from the same dealer, who has my record going back to 1976. I don;t wear out as fast these days, as I'm no longer on the job site every day, but I wear them often and they look and feel good.

Stoney126

Adventurer
Doug I agree the leather isn't the same as it used to be. I wear 4473's for work and in my offtime. My older ones seem to feel better and lasted longer. First pair lasted years, same with second . I also switched between the two to let the leather rest. Got another pair to replace my first pair of boots . Within a year I wore a hole out behind the steel toe.

Cruiser, those boots look pretty good and can't beat the feel when broken in. Hmm wonder I'd RW is still open

discomun

You'll come to love them, I have the 877's and I never take them off. For the first few weeks they felt terrible, but now they're by far the most comfortable shoes I own.

doug720

Expedition Leader
The 877's are made in the USA per RedWing site, but I think leather, or maybe the tanning, is just not as good as it was in the past.

Still good boots, in fact, dam good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier