Next-gen Hilux introduced

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
Makes me wonder- just how much cheaper is it to build our Tacoma than this thing???? While I'm not in love wit the styling, everything here goes in the face of the reasoning for having the Tacoma- "the Hilux is just too crude and brootish"
Hell, they even get more leg room!
You can't tell me that this truck couldn't be made to ride as good or better than our Tacoma, while giving you all sorts of reserve capacity engineered in.
LED headlights- after the Corolla launched with 'em, I thought for sure the Taco and any other retouched Toyota would get them.
Talk of buttons for the rear and CENTER diff lock.
That touch screen is a bit ghastly, though.

Last edited:

DVexile

Adventurer
Jeez, that payload. The door sticker on my Tacoma says 1040 lbs - effing laughable.

Why can't we have the nice things here in the US ;(

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Jeez, that payload. The door sticker on my Tacoma says 1040 lbs - effing laughable.

Why can't we have the nice things here in the US ;(

Well 1000 pounds is a 1/2 ton. So it's a 1/2 ton truck :)

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
1040 minus 360 pounds for a typical american couple = 680 lbs pay load. Hardly a half ton.

Never understood how individuals hate on Tacomas and yet they still drive them.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Last edited:

tyv12

Adventurer
So what is it that gives these little trucks such an impressive payload?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrknowitall

Adventurer

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
meh. I think this cements it that Toyota officially doesn't build a single vehicle I would want anymore. The global Ford Ranger and the VW Amarok are far better looking. I do like the diesel and 6-speed manual and the front seats look decent. Otherwise, pass.

Never understood how individuals hate on Tacomas and yet they still drive them.

No hate here! I love my Taco! But when you install bumpers, sliders, an drawer system, fill the drawers, canpoy and a RTT it weighs in @ 6100 lbs. Just drove 1000 miles this way from O Brein OR on the McGrew trail over the mountains to the coast. Thats a lot to ask a truck with a 1300 lb pay load!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94